Car headlight upgrade

LaatSahab

Skilled
Have a 2003 model Maruti Alto. Need to upgrade it's headlights. Everybody else is driving with crazy blinding beams in the name of headlights and no discipline regarding High and Low beams so rather than being blinded, will poke some eyes meself. I know Team BHP is the forum to ask such questions but they haven't allowed me to join up twice till now so I'm here asking this.

I would have suggested HIDs, but AliExpress is now banned. I am sure you would be able to find them locally as well, but I just preferred buying them from Ali as I was able to easily install them on my own with help from friends.
I prefer HIDs over higher wattage bulbs, but you will have to ensure you install the ballast properly. Another option are LEDs. These are mostly plug and play. You would be better off going to your local auto market and trying out the different stuff which is available. Make sure you go in the afternoon so you can check headlight cutoff and proper alignment after dark before leaving.

Since the alto is 50/55 (if I remember correctly )watt headlight I wouldn't upgrade to 90/100 watt bulb as the heat would damage the inner silver coating of the headlight .
Best to replace the stock lumax or Philips bulb with a higher luminosity bulb (more expensive) with osram or Philips bulbs in the same stock wattage .
In my experience with alto 2004-2013 it's not worth the hassle fitting a relay and a higher wattage bulb .
Also if you do go the relay way ... ( Not recommended as not health for the stock battery and alternator too ) buy a very very good quality branded relay ... Do not cheap out on it .
Regarding HID I wouldn't recommend it for an alto . Cheers !

Have a 2003 model Maruti Alto. Need to upgrade it's headlights. Everybody else is driving with crazy blinding beams in the name of headlights and no discipline regarding High and Low beams so rather than being blinded, will poke some eyes meself. I know Team BHP is the forum to ask such questions but they haven't allowed me to join up twice till now so I'm here asking this.
2003 model are you even allowed to drive this after 17 years or have u got it extended by another 5 years?

Lifetime registration is valid for 15 years right? Or the law is different state wise ?
Yes, but you can continue getting it renewed every 5 years after that. I have a 97 Bullet and 2002 Palio, which I keep getting renewed every 5 years after the initial 15 years are over.

Edit - I think in some states apart from NCR as well, there might be trouble getting diesel vehicles renewed after the initial 15 years as well. I think something along the same lines has been implemented in my state, Himachal, as well.

Yes, but you can continue getting it renewed every 5 years after that. I have a 97 Bullet and 2002 Palio, which I keep getting renewed every 5 years after the initial 15 years are over.
That I know.... Actually was confused with your reply you said u have a 2002 Palio and you'll get the RC Renewed in 2022.

It seems to be getting worse day by day, just yesterday I was blinded by a Fortuner with HID tailing me, wish I had one of these.

Attachments

• thumb_high-beams-via-r-funny-https-ift-tt-2ruekk0-42299186.png
    thumb_high-beams-via-r-funny-https-ift-tt-2ruekk0-42299186.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 86
I am using Phlips XtremeVision and they are amazing. Did not upgrade the power, kept them as stock and as a matter of fact it is also available at MGP.

The new Philips Racing Vision & Osram Night Breaker Laser are two options if you need to stay with the stock wiring.
In case you want to upgrade to higher wattage bulbs like 100/90W bulbs then do use a separate wiring kit with ceramic or bakelite holders along with a relay & fuses.
One option is this https://www.amazon.in/VAISHNU-Wiring-Harness-Relay-01101/dp/B07TWMDHSR?ref_=ast_sto_dp
This one has finolex wires with a relay rated at 65amp/800watt to handle the high current.The holders are of Bakelite with copper clips.
This along with the Philips Rally 12569RAC1 bulbs are a great combination for all weather use.

It seems to be getting worse day by day, just yesterday I was blinded by a Fortuner with HID tailing me, wish I had one of these.
was planning on getting tata altroz but stopped only because of this reason. you get blinded by every ****ing suv on road. will go either the sonet or brezza way.

govt seriously need some laws to control these stupid ****ing LEDs on city roads.

Back