Car & Bike Car Suggestion <= 5 lks, good mileage and good looking

jackdowsan

Disciple
Hello everyone..!

My dad is looking for a car around a budget of 5 lakhs, he is 6 ft tall and would like to have a car that looks good and most importantly has very low running cost as he would be using it daily....he is thinking of CNG models...may be diesel...

Would be really helpfull if you guys can help me out :)

Regards
Jack

I think the petrol Ritz ZXi with K-series engine for economy can be considered(although personally, I really don't like it's looks). It's a maruti so you have the benefit of a good service network and maybe slightly reduced pricing. I don't know if the Swift with K-series engine is avbl yet. That might be a better buy given the popularity of the car.

I'm not sure if you want a sedan or a diesel car. Might be good if you mention these details.

~5L, very good mileage and probably the best looking hatchback on Indian roads - there can only be one answer - Fiat Grande Punto MJD Active.

I own the gasoline (petrol) GP Emotion Pack and have been stopped by at least a dozen curious onlookers till now. I'm 6'2" and headroom isn't an issue.

geek ashish said:
Fiat Palio 1.3 MJD SDX
check review and FE figure at team-bhp.com

lol he'll have a heart attack with the depreciation on those things.

Stay away from CNG unless its factory fitted and maybe not even then. The prices these days don't really make it worth it and you'll have issues in the long run

sumchamp said:
You can also look at Peppy Beat.

the diesel version is not out yet i s'ppose or i would hav also suggested it great car. are you lookin for a hatchback r sedan??
5lk i wud suggest fiat punto.

Ford Figo is going to be launched in next 8-10 days. Excellent car. Price is expected to be 3.75 to 4.75 lakhs ex-showroom for 3 petrol variants. Diesel will cost more.

It is worth waiting for it. :)

+1 for Punto:hap2:. Go for Active petrol. Nice and big car in respect to swift and ritz.The FE of Punto is a little less then swift and ritz but i dont think a 6 foot person will get in comfortably. Normally a height of a person increases in these cars with increasing head bumps:p.

Well, if your dad really wants space for a tall driver + passenger, the only car that really fits the bill is an Indica Vista.

Even with a 6' 2" driver/passenger sitting in the front, there's enough space in the rear-seat for anyone to sit comfortably.

Something to think about. :)

Back