Card Machine Help?

I recently got a card swipe machine for my business. Onscreen there are 3 options before i swipe a card - Sale, Cash and (Sale & Cash).
Though its quite obvious i need to use the sale option while swiping the card but i am curious to know why there is that cash and sale & cash options and what will be the outcome if i swipe the cards through them.

p.s. the guy who installed the machine don't know the use of other two options (noob).

It probably is the cashback option. I haven't seen it used here in India much (to be frank, I don't even know if that option works)
But usually how cash back works is - you swipe for more than your bill amount and receive the rest as cash from the retailer.

The Cash option for cash withdrawal at POS merchants, something which RBI introduced some years back. A customer can "withdraw" cash from a merchant by swiping his debit card using this option. But it was only limited to 1000/- a day per debit card. I don't know if the limit's been increased now.

The Sale and Cash is for processing cashbacks at merchants, for those that support it.

Back