career guidance

psybronik

Disciple
hi guys,

since my MBA chances are out...

i am looking forward to try footbal....

i play a lot of it and want to be a professional...

i'm obsessed with soccer since i saw 2002 final between brazil and germany

can anyone please guide me... is this a good choice i'm making ???

<

mate u shud consider lot of factors before taking this desicion. I don't think anyone here can help u in this regard cuz this desicion has to come thru YOUR heart and soul. I would suggest only 1 thing Do whatever u find pleasure in. If ur chances are out in MBA it doesn't mean u do not have next chance. ( provided 2012 calamity doesn't happen
234.gif
)

Please ask yourself following questions:

1. Is football for u just a fascination or a passion ? ( if passion i am sure in past 10 years u would have played football at district or state level )

2. Can u afford to leave ur education and pursue football considering ur present foothold ?

3. If u enter into football what after u cross 35-39 yrs. ( because tht's the time wen ppl retire )

there are much more to this and i am sure u wud have given it a thot but i suggest u to reason all this with ur dear frnd / parents or some one with whom u feel comfortable sharing.

Plz dont take me otherwise. I just have best interest for u and would love u watch u on screen and cheering for india down the lane
clapping.gif
but not at the cost of ur other imp part of life. give it a deep thought.

P.S : hope i made some sense here.
cool43.gif

mate u shud consider lot of factors before taking this desicion. I don't think anyone here can help u in this regard cuz this desicion has to come thru YOUR heart and soul. I would suggest only 1 thing Do whatever u find pleasure in. If ur chances are out in MBA it doesn't mean u do not have next chance. ( provided 2012 calamity doesn't happen
234.gif
)

Please ask yourself following questions:

1. Is football for u just a fascination or a passion ? ( if passion i am sure in past 10 years u would have played football at district or state level )

2. Can u afford to leave ur education and pursue football considering ur present foothold ?

3. If u enter into football what after u cross 35-39 yrs. ( because tht's the time wen ppl retire )

there are much more to this and i am sure u wud have given it a thot but i suggest u to reason all this with ur dear frnd / parents or some one with whom u feel comfortable sharing.

Plz dont take me otherwise. I just have best interest for u and would love u watch u on screen and cheering for india down the lane
clapping.gif
but not at the cost of ur other imp part of life. give it a deep thought.

P.S : hope i made some sense here.
cool43.gif

highly appreciated man....thanks

its not a captivating thing... i just love playing football i enjoy the most when i am with the ball(No homo's) ... i think i can go big with this...but i'm lacking confidence and support i told this to my gf and she said go for it... you have one life DO IT.... bt i'm afraid to tell this to my parents
sad.gif
my dad wont support me... i dont even know how to go about it..
sad.gif
.. i am too damn confused with this...

is soccer that much established as i'm thinking it is ???

how will i get the opportunity to show what i got ?

where shall i go for the guidance on how to make a career in footbal...???

all i know is I LOVE THIS GAME MORE THAN ANYTHNG ELSE <3

mate .. first of all i wud suggest u to remove every details about your family as it is a public forum.

coming to next part i wud suggest you to take up initiative and have a word with ur dad cuz our parents may not understand us properly but wt they will suggest will always be rational and pragmatic.

Football in india is picking up but is nowhere near the likes of europe leagues. So be prepared for a lot of ( i mean LOT of ) hardships ..

weigh all possibilities and move ahead wid a sensible decision.

Plz do remember u also have some duties towards ur family and though u shud do wt u think of u must also think about this fact.

#[member='psybronik'] If you want an mba why dont you try football management.. But its not in any of the Indian college you can try in Europe..

mate .. first of all i wud suggest u to remove every details about your family as it is a public forum.

coming to next part i wud suggest you to take up initiative and have a word with ur dad cuz our parents may not understand us properly but wt they will suggest will always be rational and pragmatic.

Football in india is picking up but is nowhere near the likes of europe leagues. So be prepared for a lot of ( i mean LOT of ) hardships ..

weigh all possibilities and move ahead wid a sensible decision.

Plz do remember u also have some duties towards ur family and though u shud do wt u think of u must also think about this fact.

thats what holding me back... i couldnt put myself in a worse situation than this... its like MIND vs HEART
<
i'm prepare for whatever it takes...blood,sweat,tears and hard (DAMN HARD)work....

i dont even have proper guidance
<

#[member='benryu'] i think my parents wont allow me to do that
<

More info is needed to give any proper advice...

All i get now is MBA and Football which dont exactly macth

What is your age ? 25+ Forget about football as you cannot compete with SAI trained sports athletes who train daily and are much younger

What are your educational qualifications ?

Did you play in State level or in regional level ?

More info is needed to give any proper advice...

All i get now is MBA and Football which dont exactly macth

What is your age ? 25+ Forget about football as you cannot compete with SAI trained sports athletes who train daily and are much younger

What are your educational qualifications ?

Did you play in State level or in regional level ?

i'm 21 a fresh bsc i.t graduate...

i havent played in regional level... but i believe that i can outrun anybody against me... i just need proper guidance
<

It doesn't matter what you believe in ... Do you have formal training ? If not join clubs which provide training and try and get into the clubs of Maharashtra to atleast play on some regional level ...

Sports doesn't earn you money in India unless you play cricket... Even if you play professionally you might have to hold regular jobs to support a normal lifestyle

There is no European league type money or craze in India ... Worse case you might end up with a job like a cleaner

Read this

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/item/181721-football-players-forced-to-clean-cricket-stadium

All this glory and glamor associated with football makes you forget where you are 'India' you cannot pursue your dreams unless you are already successful... You can see the latest breed of writers who are MBAs and bankers... Being a writer directly doesn't work ...

It doesn't matter what you believe in ... Do you have formal training ? If not join clubs which provide training and try and get into the clubs of Maharashtra to atleast play on some regional level ...

Sports doesn't earn you money in India unless you play cricket... Even if you play professionally you might have to hold regular jobs to support a normal lifestyle

There is no European league type money or craze in India ... Worse case you might end up with a job like a cleaner

Read this

http://sports.ndtv.c...cricket-stadium

All this glory and glamor associated with football makes you forget where you are 'India' you cannot pursue your dreams unless you are already successful... You can see the latest breed of writers who are MBAs and bankers... Being a writer directly doesn't work ...

that article was very bad
<

what you suggest should i do ?

i dont know what i'm going to say is possible for u. but if u could manage, there might be scouts for the major indian clubs. u could play infront of them ask for advice. 21 yrs -time is not on ur side, its slipping away. football is not all about running fast otherwise usain bolt will be playing for man utd;) this is not to discourage u but its very hard. if ur parents r rich and u enjoy playing even sevens football if not managed to get into higher level- then go for it. who knows may be u got good traits of a manager or coach or even a football pundits in media.
to play in the heat and humidity is very hard. u got to have good stamina. there is a lot of competition as football is catching up in india and everyone of them wants to play major european leagues and most of them r building their carrier from young age. i remember reading a news arsenal have signed a yound boy from kerala.
so its up to u. either u can play upto 30-35yrs of age and learn to do take up coaching in football(not easy). anyway u need to find some means to fill ur stomach and ur family if u r going to have one.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

i forgot to tell i lost almost 35kgs of weight when i was 23yrs old so i could play football in my local ground. so that u know what kind of competition u r going to face from the yound brigade and those who have fight through poverty and other sufferings to take up the boot. see the worst scenario and prepare for it at the same time hoping everything will be fine. think about the heart rate,breathings, sweat they r pouring before they celebrate the goal and taking the calculated decisions towards it. its all seems easy in our couch watching it on tv.

Back