Storage Solutions Case with multiple 3.5 inch drive slots

anyone need rtx 3070FE? it is back in stock at rptech website.
I am researching for a case with multiple 3.5 inch drive slots. anything more than 15+ would be good. will be making a DIY storage server in next few months. trying to make one as cheap as it could get. would be getting everything used except hard drives.
all suggestions are welcome.

I am researching for a case with multiple 3.5 inch drive slots. anything more than 15+ would be good. will be making a DIY storage server in next few months. trying to make one as cheap as it could get. would be getting everything used except hard drives.
Pretty much impossible to do on a budget nowadays as 3.5" is out of fashion. Best bet is to see if anyone still has really old full towers lying spare. Someone recently advertised an old cm cosmos i think, that is the case that might work for you

3.5 inch still goes the way in my opinion if we are going for higher capacity drives. like 10+ Tb storage drives. I have ironwolf pros on my mind
might as well go for custom made case if can't find anything.

3.5 inch still goes the way in my opinion if we are going for higher capacity drives. like 10+ Tb storage drives. I have ironwolf pros on my mind
might as well go for custom made case if can't find anything.
I agree. I have 10+ 3 and 4tb drives myself, and hence I have faced the same issue you have. If you can get a custom case, definitely go for it and let me know what you do too

there was a guy who was selling cm 690 ,you can add those aliexpress hdd bays and it might just work for you

there was a guy who was selling cm 690 ,you can add those aliexpress hdd bays and it might just work for you
i have time on my hand. so will check everything i can and will buy along if things fit requirement.
I agree. I have 10+ 3 and 4tb drives myself, and hence I have faced the same issue you have. If you can get a custom case, definitely go for it and let me know what you do too
for case i think in delhi there are some fabricators, but i guess they will cost a bomb. will try to check with someone for that. or might even design something myself according to need.

i have time on my hand. so will check everything i can and will buy along if things fit requirement.

for case i think in delhi there are some fabricators, but i guess they will cost a bomb. will try to check with someone for that. or might even design something myself according to need.
Buy external caddy's and stack them inside a big case like haf932 in pack of 6...i managed to install 14 drives in total, have 2 5.25 to 3.5inch converter(2 5.25inch bays), a coolermaster 4 hdd holding bay(3 5.25inch bays), a hdd cage of an old thermaltake VH8000bws case 4 disc's & 5 drives in haf 932 provided slot, You will however have to get creative with fan mounting. I had used zip ties :)

Buy external caddy's and stack them inside a big case like haf932 in pack of 6...i managed to install 14 drives in total, have 2 5.25 to 3.5inch converter(2 5.25inch bays), a coolermaster 4 hdd holding bay(3 5.25inch bays), a hdd cage of an old thermaltake VH8000bws case 4 disc's & 5 drives in haf 932 provided slot, You will however have to get creative with fan mounting. I had used zip ties :)
Nice. Share pics please

Back