Monitors CC TV that can be accessed Remotely

Soufosale

Disciple
Can anyone suggest me decent CC TV cameras or setups that can be remotely accessed through mobile ?

I'm looking to install 3 Cameras. I don't have any knowledge about how much it could cost. I'm assuming I'll need some HDDs, and a monitor as well. Looking for a rough estimate so that I can negotiate with local dealers or buy from Amazon.

Thanks in advance

Why not try mi security camera? It can be accessed remotely via mi home app. Have been using it for more than 2 year and happy with it.

i setup through tapo app,my isp uses cgnat so maybe that's why it doesent work if i shift from wifi to mobile data it says cam offline.
That could be the issue. Once, a message had popped up on mine, saying, 'You can control functions on local network only. Try changing DNS to 8.8.8.8'. But it went away by itself.

The quickest combination is to buy Mi Security Camera and put 64 GB cards in there. Mi Home app allows any cameras to be viewed instantaneously.
+1
I use this in my parents', in-laws and my place. Good quality even in low-light.

It sadly can't be accessed from a PC, mobile app only.

Any recommendations for a IP-based CCTV that can directly save to a NAS (Netgear)? Definitely don't want the ones from Mi/Hikvision that save the data on Chinese servers or redirect through them. Would prefer ones which can save the data locally on the NAS over WiFi and avoid the headache of setting up Ethernet cabling.

I think I could fence off the cameras that store on the cloud to not access the WAN but then not sure whether it causes them to not work properly. Also, motion-sensor based recording to avoid needless storage usage.

Any recommendations for a IP-based CCTV that can directly save to a NAS (Netgear)? Definitely don't want the ones from Mi/Hikvision that save the data on Chinese servers or redirect through them. Would prefer ones which can save the data locally on the NAS over WiFi and avoid the headache of setting up Ethernet cabling.

I think I could fence off the cameras that store on the cloud to not access the WAN but then not sure whether it causes them to not work properly. Also, motion-sensor based recording to avoid needless storage usage.
Take a look at IP cameras which support RTSP streams/onvif protocol. With that, you wouldn't need to use the manufacturer application or nvr. Will have to a bit of googling to find the ip : port and maybe password to those cams.

Synology and QNAP NAS have a surveillance plugin/addon to support such cameras. Although you might lose some features like PTZ, motion detection done via manufacturer software in cam/nvr(maybe the NAS plugins have figured out a work around, not sure).
Synology has a limitation of 2 cameras for free. More than 2 will need a paid addon. Not sure about QNAP.

But with wifi(and ethernet) cams, you might need a firewall or vlan setup so that they don't reach out to internet. Only allow RTSP ip : port from the camera into your network(probably isolate the whole nvr and camera system, no internet and can't reach other vlans).

If you can run virtual machines/dedicated hardware, checkout these software to run and record IP cameras. But will have do a bit of manual work.

Zoneminder
Shinobi
Blue Iris
MotionEyeOs

Another option is Ubiquiti's Unifi protect system. Not cheap, but works pretty good. Records offline, can view remotely too with ubiquiti account. They have had their fair share of issues(mandatory ubiquiti account to setup devices, bad updates, massive breach recently).
But locked down hardware. Think of them as apple of networking world.

Take a look at IP cameras which support RTSP streams/onvif protocol. With that, you wouldn't need to use the manufacturer application or nvr. Will have to a bit of googling to find the ip : port and maybe password to those cams.

Synology and QNAP NAS have a surveillance plugin/addon to support such cameras. Although you might lose some features like PTZ, motion detection done via manufacturer software in cam/nvr(maybe the NAS plugins have figured out a work around, not sure).
Synology has a limitation of 2 cameras for free. More than 2 will need a paid addon. Not sure about QNAP.

But with wifi(and ethernet) cams, you might need a firewall or vlan setup so that they don't reach out to internet. Only allow RTSP ip : port from the camera into your network(probably isolate the whole nvr and camera system, no internet and can't reach other vlans).

If you can run virtual machines/dedicated hardware, checkout these software to run and record IP cameras. But will have do a bit of manual work.

Zoneminder
Shinobi
Blue Iris
MotionEyeOs

Another option is Ubiquiti's Unifi protect system. Not cheap, but works pretty good. Records offline, can view remotely too with ubiquiti account. They have had their fair share of issues(mandatory ubiquiti account to setup devices, bad updates, massive breach recently).
But locked down hardware. Think of them as apple of networking world.
Thanks. I think I have to purchase the license for ReadyNAS surveillance on the Netgear NAS and that should be enough for remote access through app as well.

I know the Arlo cams had good integration since they were owned by Netgear but wouldn't be able to get those locally now.

I will check for rtsp/onvif protocol cameras that you mentioned though some of the listed cameras don't have a proper datasheet which makes it difficult to identify support.

Thanks. I think I have to purchase the license for ReadyNAS surveillance on the Netgear NAS and that should be enough for remote access through app as well.

I know the Arlo cams had good integration since they were owned by Netgear but wouldn't be able to get those locally now.

I will check for rtsp/onvif protocol cameras that you mentioned though some of the listed cameras don't have a proper datasheet which makes it difficult to identify support.

Tapo cameras from TP-Link support RTSP and ONVIF protocols.

The Netgear ReadyNAS platform actually no longer has a NVR app. However, I keep my old Windows tablet running for 16 hours a day as a dashboard, so will probably use that as a NVR. Then can decide when I should save the recording on the tablet SSD or need to keep the NAS up 24x7.

Read that despite supporting Onvif Profile S, the Tapo did not support PTZ until a recent firmware update. It does work with Blue Iris now but have to see whether it works with others. Also, not sure if it is worth spending on a license or may be running something like Shinobi using WSL.

Lastly, was hoping to mount the camera outside the door. Don't need weather protection but at least the camera and SD card shouldn't be easy to steal. Unfortunately, it seems Tapo C200 does not meet that requirement and the C310 seems unavailable everywhere.

Also, was looking at the Imou ones from Dahua before I came across this.

Seems the Chinese manufacturers are doing what's expected of them, using people's surveillance footage to do their own surveillance. Unfortunately, millions of Indians are cluelessly aiding AI development for the Chinese government.

Back