CEX wont honour 2 year warranty

BRUT

Disciple
I bought a Xbox One controller from them in June as a secondary one. So it was in standby high majority of the time.
It had mild stick drift out of the package itself.
When I received the controller first, cosmetically speaking, it was dusty and the thumb stick grips looked pretty not worn out.

Since their nearest store is over 10kms away I could not visit them earlier. I visited them just today and they are claiming I dropped the controller.
The seam on the left side is little loose if you press it down. In all the time I have owned it and played with it, I've simply not dropped it. Also, the bumper buttons are clicky to feel and sound. As far as I remember they are supposed to be slightly mushy and make very little sound. So it seems to have replacement bumper switches.

How did I not know any of this while buying? I porter'ed the package over originally.

They also judged the controller based on it's visual appearance. Of course it came with some wear on the bumpers and glossy parts. So their claim is I have damaged the thing and that does not come under warranty. The representative said, "we simply don't take damage products" (worn out products in this context) to begin with. The whole store is full of phones in various physical conditions.
For all I know, they could have damaged the seams while repairing themselves and are now blaming it all on the customer. They sold it in a worn condition and are stating that very worn condition is my doing and rejecting any repairs.
Should I write to the consumer redressal forum? drop a mail? do I have a case?

paste it on their fb twitter and keep doing it
file a case on ingram
nothing much else that can be done in case of this

Luckily I was always wary of CEX when I stayed stones throw from them...your story unfortunately confirms my belief that 2nd hand warranty is useless

I bought a Xbox One controller from them in June as a secondary one. So it was in standby high majority of the time.
It had mild stick drift out of the package itself.
When I received the controller first, cosmetically speaking, it was dusty and the thumb stick grips looked pretty not worn out.

Since their nearest store is over 10kms away I could not visit them earlier. I visited them just today and they are claiming I dropped the controller.
The seam on the left side is little loose if you press it down. In all the time I have owned it and played with it, I've simply not dropped it. Also, the bumper buttons are clicky to feel and sound. As far as I remember they are supposed to be slightly mushy and make very little sound. So it seems to have replacement bumper switches.

How did I not know any of this while buying? I porter'ed the package over originally.

They also judged the controller based on it's visual appearance. Of course it came with some wear on the bumpers and glossy parts. So their claim is I have damaged the thing and that does not come under warranty. The representative said, "we simply don't take damage products" (worn out products in this context) to begin with. The whole store is full of phones in various physical conditions.
For all I know, they could have damaged the seams while repairing themselves and are now blaming it all on the customer. They sold it in a worn condition and are stating that very worn condition is my doing and rejecting any repairs.
Should I write to the consumer redressal forum? drop a mail? do I have a case?
Have heard similar stories in all these years. People fall for low pricing with warranty and sometimes this happens. Mental peace is lost and so is vitamin M!
File a plaint in consumer forum but do you have any unboxing video/pics? This can act some solid proof.

I bought this as an experiment since I could not find any stories. So here is my tale.
Also, repairing these things is such a mess. Market is flooded with random joystick modules. Just don't know what to get. I bought some once, and they turned out bad too. So considering all costs (repairs, etc.) this was still cheaper (?) than brand new.

Back