Changing N73 to P990i or P1 - is it advisable?

tech.addict

Skilled
Hi,
I've a N73. But after seeing the features of SE P990i and P1 I just started thinking of replacing the N73. Is it advisable?
P990i users pls comment.
Any P1 user here? How is the cost of P1?
Pls suggest guys.

________
Arup

P1 is expected around 25k... as for shifting over from N73 to P1 or P990 it totally depends on you.... If you feel you need to have a more business usage of the phone sure you can shift over... but do keep in mind that your multimedia capabilities would be totally diffrent in the two phones....

Most of the softwares used are available for Both Sony and Nokia...

i want to go for a PDA type phone. Also from reviews i've read that 990i is faster than N73.

@techpal

is it with B&W? Any source to get it without B&W?

Can anybody from Kolkata help?

_________

Arup

what i've read in ipmart forums, that P990i is faster than N73. quite a few users who have both the phones confirmed it.

_______

Arup

Well i confirm it too..:p my friend has a n73 me and i have the p990i...if u take it in terms of practicality and no benchmark bullcrap, the time it takes after clicking an icon of both phones and the respective folders to open, themes to be loaded etc. the p990i is definitely faster than the n73...;) even my friend acknowledges tht..it just takes ages to put on a theme on his n73...by which time, i've easily put on the theme and doing something else..:p Even browsing thru pics on the p990i is faster than on the n73...

^^^ Hmmm .. u tried the new firmware ?? It makes the phone a hell lot faster , and almost negligible mem. leaks .. although never had a P990i to compare to , but the P990i should be faster considering it newer OS :p ..

deathvirus_me said:
^^^ Hmmm .. u tried the new firmware ?? It makes the phone a hell lot faster , and almost negligible mem. leaks .. although never had a P990i to compare to , but the P990i should be faster considering it newer OS :p ..
Who said p990i has newer OS? N73 also uses 3rd ed. but what p990i has 3d accelerator which really helps.

P990i suddenly vanished from kolkata shops. so got a P1i yesterday. its a nice phone. much faster than the N73. as i've never used a SE before, getting used to the interface will take some time. but a good phone and it sounds much better than N73 even with the stock headphone.

OT but what is the best SE headphone? HPM-70?

techpal said:
Who said p990i has newer OS? N73 also uses 3rd ed. but what p990i has 3d accelerator which really helps.

Thought the UIQ 3.0 interface was meant to be using a slightly updated OS9.1 :p .. modified atleast .. :p

Plus , i don't think the dedicated hardware acceleration chip can make things faster for a phone unless it's explicitly used by the applications , in this case , maybe the skin itself :p ..

^ How much for the P1i? Post a review and some pictures too :D

Just curios, why didn't you consider the HTC Touch or Dopod 818 ? :S

deathvirus_me said:
Plus , i don't think the dedicated hardware acceleration chip can make things faster for a phone unless it's explicitly used by the applications , in this case , maybe the skin itself :p ..

Not the skin lol, check the pre-loaded game Vijay Singh's Pro Golf, google or check my review for screenies ;)

i got it for 22.5K. I didn't considered HTC touch or the Dopod 818 becos both are 2MP ca w/o flash, no FM and biggest is no keypad!!!

and yes the graphics of Vijay Singh's Pro Golf looks amazing and the game is quite fast too (though i didn't played the game much).

________

Arup

Go to mobile-review. excellent review there. The Cnet review is also good. In view of the review at Mobile-review, i feel that its not worth the time spending in writing a review.

_____

Arup

Congratulations Arup, you needn't write a review as a formal one, but you could always share your experiences with the phone, both negative and positive.

I'm really keen to know since I'm a P990i user myself :)

Back