cheap desktop for household help

superczar

Skilled
My household help has asked me if I could help her buy a desktop for her son (who is currently in class V)

Am looking for the easiest way to buy the cheapest usable desktop (Atom based or anyhing else?)

Also looking for a hasslefree way to buy one so any online link recommendations will be welcome

you can get a Intel D525MW Combo Motherboard for around Rs 5,300. Vip Cabinet/psu for RS 1400, 2 gb corsair ram for Rs 655, DVD writer for Rs 900, keyboard/mouse combo for Rs 650, Suggest you to look for an used HDD as their prices have shooted up. The finally you can get an Dell 18.5 inch led screen for Rs 5,400.

So the total comes upto: Rs14305 leaving out the hdd.

My bad
<
, Crt monitor should be good.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"Thinkcenter Edge" series from Lenovo.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Configuration:[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Tower Form Factor - Intel H61 Chipset, Intel DUAL CORE G 630 Processor 65W, 2GB PC3-10600 1333 MHz DDR3 UDIMM, 500GB 7200RPM SATA HDD, No Optical, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Built in CPU), Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Classic Professional Keyboard, Optical Mouse, DOS, 333 Warranty[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The cost is Rs.16500 per system (Without monitor and optical drive). [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Any monitor you wish.[/font]

It has got both to do with the class and the income of the household to which the boy belongs. Based on my knowledge of how much these household helps make, 5K for just a monitor, for total computer costs of close to 20K, isn't really an 'affordable' choice. Unless of course we are talking of people making 12K - 15K per month at the very least. I don't find a need for a large screen LED even inspite of using a machine for close to 15 hours a day, I don't see why a 5th standard student would need it - it is a 'good to have' at best

^^ my priority first and foremost would be to give him a cheap and long lasting rig and i do not think a crt would help that predicament.

Lcd can be bought at 4 k as well and the pc will cost around the 15 k mark which they can handle easily.

Lcd as of now will cost only 1 or 1.5 k more than the crt and that does not justify it being ahead of the lcd.

Back