Budget 0-20k Cheap laptop suggestion

masterkd

Disciple
One of my friend stopped his studies due to financial problem. He have started again to complete his degree.
He studies books in his mobile but face issues due to small screen. I have suggested him to buy a chromebook however as I have never used one myself so looking for expert opinion.
  • What's your Budget?
    • Only as much needed based on the usage. Looking for something around 15K.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
    • Reading pdf
    • Browsing web
    • Watch FHD videos (local/youtube/online courses)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
    • Anything between 11" - 15"
    • Touch screen preferred
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
    • No preference. But like to have good ASS.
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
    • light weight
    • good battery backup
Considering ASUS Chromebook Flip Celeron Dual Core
Is celeron processor is going to enough for above tasks?
Also does chromebooks come with option to insert sim for internet?

Don't buy Chromebook maybe you can consider refurbished ThinkPad, but those things are not that cheap and for 3-4 k more you could get a new laptop with i3
Also getting a 1080p screen in that budget is very hard for a laptop form factor (maybe only Chromebook then)

I have the Chromebook 14e, works very well. It's much better than a Android tablet, it's very stable. Celeron would be absolutely fine for a Chromebook.

"Light weight, good battery backup" don't go with "cheap"

Suggest looking at used/refurb laptops.

For the stated use case, a decent quality tab is a better option. Lenovo M10 UHD and Samsung S6 lite are good options.

Back