Cheap place to buy dumb-bells

Aces170

ex-Mod
The rainy season plays havoc with my outdoor jogging. So thought to buy some dumb bells just to be physically active.

The sports stores in Mumbai quotes me the lowest of Rs 100 per kg for dumb-bells. I was looking for a pair of 7.5, 10, and 12.5 kg dumb bells along with a flat bench (Rs 5500), the total cost comes to Rs 11000, which I feel is steep. Are these the normal rates or can I get stuff for cheaper.

I checked those Ebay ones, but am not too keen on the rods + plates combos for dumbells, although they are turning out to be much cheaper. Anyone has experience of the said ebay equipment?

For dumbells why dont you see chor bazaar unless you need some good looking sets.Else they will be much cheaper option.There is already a thread regarding same somewhere here.

the 100KG and 52 KG weights in the ebay links are made of rubber. only the rods are iron or steel (chrome plated).

@cooleagle I got them here in Chennai at a shop in Aminjikarai. I got them 2 yrs ago so there must be some inflation in the price. I even inquired near chepauk stadium it was Rs 50 per kg there and the quality was a little better and i think it was some known brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chor bazar, Mutton street to be precise. 3-4 shops there. they will arrange for anything u want... U will be sorted in no time.

And no it doesn't open at 5, i doubt anything does.. that's just plain ridiculous.

Aces where in Mumbai is the bench available for doing chest. I am looking for that but unable to find any. I have got my own rest all the things. I had bought it 15 yrs ago and they are juz lying in my lof. So looking to try some chest.

Back