Cheaper iPhone leaks again with FCC markings, Launch In September?

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
A new cheaper version of iPhone or iPhone Lite has been in rumored for a while now. Though there has been no official word from Apple about the cheaper iPhone yet, the number of images which has leaked so far makes us believe that it is indeed in the works.

A picture posted on Weibo shows the cheaper version of iPhone with all the FCC and other certification markings on the back, which could mean that it has been passed by the FCC. It also shows the 3.5mm jack, Lightning port on the bottom of the phone.

The iPhone Lite will have a polycarbonate body and expected to be launched in multiple color options. Images of the iPhone's casing in five color options got leaked few days back.

As per rumors, the cheaper iPhone along with iPhone 5S will be officially unveiled in August and expected to be launched in September. The pricing for the cheaper iPhone is expected to start from $349 for the 16GB version.

Indeed, looks almost identical to Lumia 620, just a different aspect ratio. The colour choices are the same too.

Structure wise they dont look much similar to Lumia's. The only similarity i seem to notice is the colors. This should be a hell lot slimmer and better to hold than the lumia for sure.

So the cheap iphone abeit all the sceptics is finally looking like the real deal. Good news for the profit mongers at apple.

Could it be some Chinese branded cases??? for Apple phone :D
Printing the FCC and other stuff is no big deal....
And looking by the finishing it nowhere looks Apple standards.... Apple is very particular about the looks...

Could it be some Chinese branded cases??? for Apple phone :D
Printing the FCC and other stuff is no big deal....
And looking by the finishing it nowhere looks Apple standards.... Apple is very particular about the looks...

When the dual tone iPhone 5 leaks came, most people on various forums were of similar opinion that this not what apple would do and such. The thing is that apple is threatened by android and to capture the market they need to take risks.
In fact there are even rumors that iPhone 5 is going to be discontinued when 5S releases. Nothing can be said and the only people who know are probably the ones in Cupertino and may be some in Shenzhen :p

When the dual tone iPhone 5 leaks came, most people on various forums were of similar opinion that this not what apple would do and such. The thing is that apple is threatened by android and to capture the market they need to take risks.
In fact there are even rumors that iPhone 5 is going to be discontinued when 5S releases. Nothing can be said and the only people who know are probably the ones in Cupertino and may be some in Shenzhen :p

What do you mean? Only discontinue the iPhone 5? or all previous models too?

I highly doubt it. These older models sell very very well.

I read somewhere that the 5s is only for developing countries like africa, india and south asia and not for developed countries.

This is still not going to be cheap. Cheap and Apple don't mix.

Dude I am damn sure, in September both phones will be launched.
iPhone 5S(successor of iphone 5) and iPhone 5C(Cheap plastic ones).

Apple has history of not maintaining their secrets well while other companies especially samsung has done good job while launching Galaxy S3 and S4(samsung people told me that they are sure about sharp cornered edges in S4 lol).
While apple iphone 5 resolution was all over the web, increasing only length...
Images were very common, with tall iphone4.

the photo with the FCC markings look fake. There seems to be a considerable difference in the "iPhone" font used.. it being thicker than what is widely expected to be a thinner and lighter "iPhone" font on the real thing..

While it's almost foregone that we will see the plastic color based iPhone model line.. a launch of atleast 2 model lines is what i expect anytime between Sep 15 to Oct15

Honestly i think these 'toy' iphones will be a great hit.
Esp among the younger generation.

You ll have the no brainer OS combined with a build quality which wont really keep your brain occupied with the 'Oh its so premium' thinking, it ll be comparatively lighter on the pocket ( even if its not exactly cheap, comparing with the top end model will be giving the people the faux feeling of getting a more justified apple iphone) and you will have the colors which ll appeal to the youth a lot more.

So maybe apple is on track to claim another 'Ammmazzing', 'Magical', and 'Ground breaking/Defining' move from their side.

I read somewhere that Apple bought its own share worth many million dollars as it expects share price to jump in next half and this can only happen when they are confident of launching some awesome products. Will see what they have in store.

I have a bit of a theory with Apple going the cheaper way.

I believe this is all with their prospective future products launch and unification of all the hardware which a consumer uses when he has it with himself.

The main point of having a Apple set-top box and a iwatch would be more of a complimentary association with your current products. Smartphones and tablets being the key here.

The iphone is a huge part of the device synergy which Apple is trying to create and the whole aim of dominating your living room. For eg, to operate the Apple itv or whatever they call it, they would need to have supplementary hardware to use all the services and also with regards to convenience. Losing market share is another reason but also i believe they are seeking a ton of more revenue from software and internet services.
I maybe wrong and this may just be a tact to expand their product portfolio but it makes sense especially when you see the long run association of such devices.

Back