Cheapest Backlit keyboard

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
All of a sudden my keyboard's shift key and some multimedia kes have stopped working and i need some info on buying a new keyboard. I would like to know the cheapest backlit keyboard available and if possible the source to get it.

Also kindly put some light on why is the tvs gold keyboard priced so high?

I think it is the Microsoft sidewinder X4 (or X2)
another one was some offering my Thrustmaster on Flipkart, can't remember. Both were around 2-3k

Both are membrane type KBs.

You have not stated a budget

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see that it was a mechanical keyboard, my bad! I do want a keyboard but preferrably a backlit keyboard that is readily available and must be within 1.5k if possible.

All of a sudden my keyboard's shift key and some multimedia kes have stopped working and i need some info on buying a new keyboard. I would like to know the cheapest backlit keyboard available and if possible the source to get it.

Also kindly put some light on why is the tvs gold keyboard priced so high?

Based on your query the best keyboard for your usage will be the Microsoft Sidewinder X4, even after being a membrane based keyboard it has a high N-key roll-over rating.
It is available at Prime ABGB, try to contact @chiragsthakur he is on good terms with them and can help you source the keyboard.

All mechanical keyboards are more expensive vis-a-vis their membrane based cousins, because --
  • all the keys have an individual key-switch to eliminate the ghosting issues faced by membrane keyboard.
  • switches are of a plethora of varieties --> black, brown, blue, clear and red [in accordance to their pricing]. To know more read this fine article.
  • not a lot of pieces are sold and most people are not aware as well.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest Backlite keyboard is Sunbeam Acrylic for less than Rs.800/- I have used this and was satisfied with it. All the keys lite-up but the alphabets dont.

Now I own Sidewinder X4

As ALPHA17 has said I can help you get one from Primeabgb.

I will try to get it from somewhere else, tell prime abgb about my name they will wet their pants. ;) Thanks guys, any more suggestions?

Back