Video Cheapest CRT TV with RGB input

With a component connection? I don't know about cheapest, but Panasonic makes damn good CRTs with components. In fact I didn't come across any other manufacturer who even offered component input in their TVs.

vebk said:
With a component connection? I don't know about cheapest, but Panasonic makes damn good CRTs with components. In fact I didn't come across any other manufacturer who even offered component input in their TVs.

Samsung TVs come with component inputs.

Philips 29" TVs come with component input as well as S video input...!! :D Check out the 29PT6807/94 model... Comes at 15K..!

I found the following from compareindia.com>

Panasonic - Tau FX 21FX21C3=9k to 8k

onida 21black250-8k to 7k

Sony-KV-AW212M80/H-

sansui s2s 21-8k to 7k

videocon 21slim trim 20w-8.5k to 6.5

cricfan said:
buy anything but stay way from lg crt's..........crappiest ever...i have a 29 inch tv...and golden eye is a sham...

Yes the goldeneye feature is quite useless. But how is the TV? IMO, I was using an 21 LG TV about 3-4 years ago and the picture quality was quite good. Sound was not bad either. My problem was with the stupid remote wherein I had to select 0+0+1+OK to go to channel 1!!.

Goldeneye is just a gimmick. It justs changes the contrast and brightness to some ridiculous level if I remember correctly.

TV picture clarity are subjective. Your brain and eye will adjust gradually to the degrading pic quality of your Tv unless you compare side by side with other set.

I love our panasonic FX series. Its 3 years old and contrast is quite good. When ppl visit our house they ask abt the TV and they buy the same brand :hap2: we had a crap Daewoo Tv gone kaput in 3 years time

Note to New TV owners:

1. Never buy display piece. Most of the demo pieces are contrast boosted to 90% this will eat away 50% of the phosphor life. we experienced in daewoo TV

2. Always reduce your contrast below 20% of your max contrast ratio. When the TV is new there is a tendency to burn phosphor too quickly by increasing the contrast. This needs to be followed for the first 100 Hrs of running to improve picture tube life and clarity.

3. After 100 hrs never go beyond 50% of the contrast ratio.

we kept the CR at 18 initially, and every year the contrast will reduce. To compensate we increase the CR value by 2 every year.

Its applicable to plasma sets too

Happy buying

I have the panasonic 21 incher too.. was available only in one shop while I was looking.. the difference in quality was really apparent.. I've connected the DVD player using the component.. the quality difference is not apparent if I play divx/xvid.. but DVDs have a slight difference.

we got a Next (some kind of store here in Bangalore) 21" for 5K. Nothing great about its performance, but has the RGB input. + warranty of 1 year.

Whatever u do, dont buy Onida. They make the crappiest TVs ever. Speaking from personal experience. I have a 29 Oxygen @ home - it has component input BTW :)

Dear Techies,
i hv sony 29 kv-sz292m88, which has component ports (YCbCr),
am connecting the same with my Philips HTS3500S (YPbPr) (Setup->Video-> component->Yuv)
the picture is fine, and decent,

but while i switch the Yuv mode to RGB mode, the screen goes blank.
contacted sony care and philips care, but both blames each other, no clue.

can any body suggest me, any setting issues or possibility of the RGB mode in TV

(Note: Why am looking for this is, if i get the RGB, i can connect my PC by converting VGA to RGB cables, so that i can watch stuff in Big screen)

Rajesh
rajshsg@yahoo.com

Techies,
I missed out one thing in my prev post,
as i understood RGB is differ from YPbPr
RGB is seperate Red Green Blue signals and
YPbPr is Lumina Y, Y-Blue, Y-Red (so the system gets green by subtracting Blue and Red frm the Lumina (Brightness/White light)

gulgulumaal said:
Whatever u do, dont buy Onida. They make the crappiest TVs ever. Speaking from personal experience. I have a 29 Oxygen @ home - it has component input BTW :)

I agree with you. Onida doing nothing but assembling different parts from different manufactures & put CRT-TV in market. With catchy Advertisements they attract customers but quality of product is suspected/cheap.

My Onida TV started giving problem within 3 yrs of purchase & till 2009 i.e. today Ondia Technicians, So called Engineers & Hi fi service center fails to rectify & as soon as the warranty finishes they Raise their hands up saying buy New TV.

Hard to digest TV cost Rs.16000/- has only 3 yrs of perfect life :mad:

STAY AWAY from ONIDA- Nothing but Cheap Chinese Assembled Product.

Go with Sharp. Every private technician & even some Authorized Service center (for another brand) recommends Sharp CRT TV now days knowing it as Quality Product.

I own a JVC 29" and a Panasonic 21"; both have component inputs. JVC has an S-Video out too. Picture quality is awesome on both. Got the Pana at 6500 after exchange of my old Videocon. Original quoted price was 8000.

Back