Video Cheapest good full-HD TV

vebk

Adept
Am in the market for a fullHD (1080p) TV for use with my playstation 3. After a sore experience with Dell in the purchase of a 24" monitor S2409w (which may result in legal action), and having no news of when the BenQ E2400HD will be available, it seems more and more likely that my choice would have to be limited to TVs rather than monitors.

So what's the cheapest but good TV I can find with the following?
  • FullHd (1080p)
  • At least 24"
  • HDMI, Component, Composite jacks
  • Warranty available in India (i.e. no cheap Chinese brands / grey market stuff).

I don't think any of the 26 inch tvs(or below) offer full HD and to be honest full HD is useless for a 24 inch tv unless you plan to use it as a computer monitor. if you want full hd go for sammy series 6 32 inch full HD tv.But you will be happy with any 32 inch tv out there.Check out sony V series , S series or sammy series 5 lcds.

well do u plan to use it as a monitor,i.e if u are sitting realy close lets say 2 to 3 feet,they u can get a full hd tv other wise get a HD ready tv if ur viewing distance is greater then 4feet.
samsung series 5 is a full hd tv and a great value or in the upper price range the sony KLV-32w400a which is a full HD tv and has the highest contrast and deepest black levels in 32inch segement.
the sony s,v series are HD ready are also good .

Yes, I plan to use the TV as a monitor.

Initially this whole thing started out in November with the BenQ E2200HD. Went with cash to buy it but after 2 hours in Nehru Place couldn't locate a single piece. In the meanwhile I decided that since the viewing area of a 24" is 19% more than a 22", I should go bigger. (I know there's no end to that slippery slope - after all 32" is 78% more viewing area than 24"!! - but given my room dimensions, 24" is the minimum I should get). Now, as is my luck, the E2200HD is available when I don't want it anymore. Now I am waiting for word about the E2400HD.

I can't find any TVs which are fullHD less than 40K. Is that correct? (My budget is around 20K give or take).

vebk said:
Yes, I plan to use the TV as a monitor.

Initially this whole thing started out in November with the BenQ E2200HD. Went with cash to buy it but after 2 hours in Nehru Place couldn't locate a single piece. In the meanwhile I decided that since the viewing area of a 24" is 19% more than a 22", I should go bigger. (I know there's no end to that slippery slope - after all 32" is 78% more viewing area than 24"!! - but given my room dimensions, 24" is the minimum I should get). Now, as is my luck, the E2200HD is available when I don't want it anymore. Now I am waiting for word about the E2400HD.

I can't find any TVs which are fullHD less than 40K. Is that correct? (My budget is around 20K give or take).

why do u want a full HD ? if your screen is less than 40", its very difficult to differentiate between 720p/1080i and 1080p.

vebk said:
started out in November with the BenQ E2200HD. Went with cash to buy it but after 2 hours in Nehru Place couldn't locate a single piece.

If you still want to try get this LCD phone BenQ on 1-800-22-0808 or 09958004142/4136

vint said:
why do u want a full HD ? if your screen is less than 40", its very difficult to differentiate between 720p/1080i and 1080p.

Well, I want full paisa vasool. :D
But really, there are two aspects of it: One is that since the ps3 can output at 1080p, I want to make sure that I am using all of that. The other thing, is that while using it as a monitor itself, 1080 makes a difference (more screen space).

vebk said:
Am in the market for a fullHD (1080p) TV for use with my playstation 3. After a sore experience with Dell in the purchase of a 24" monitor S2409w (which may result in legal action), and having no news of when the BenQ E2400HD will be available, it seems more and more likely that my choice would have to be limited to TVs rather than monitors.

So what's the cheapest but good TV I can find with the following?

• FullHd (1080p)
  • At least 24"
  • HDMI, Component, Composite jacks
  • Warranty available in India (i.e. no cheap Chinese brands / grey market stuff).

BenQ E2400HD is available afaik ~21k. Have you cancelled your dell order ??? because i'm about to place one. You don't have to go legal for a refund, you'll definitely get a refund just by warning them !!!

Don't worry about hdmi: DVI to HDMI Cables

Check for approx prices @ croma, hdtv's are usually costly.

Hmmm, are you sure about availability. AFAIK the E2200HD should be available, and not the E2400HD. The pricing, if you are right, sucks. 22" for 13K and 24" for 21K?

Looks more and more like I will have to resolve myself to buying an E2200HD.

I haven't cancelled my Dell order. Am trying to get them to compensate me for wasting two weeks of mine before I accept a refund. These companies need to understand that while they have no qualms charging us things like late fees, this should be a two-way street. I am confident that the consumer court would support this stand. But that's a discussion for another thread. Let's stick to my question here.

Chaos said:
^^Bangkok now? There's civil war going on :rofl:.

yeah forget about that,but just image the profit the grey market dealers sell,and further more why on earth is the india official price so much ,i mean even with 30.14% customs,2% edu cess and 12.5% vat still should be a whole lot cheaper then the offical price.

vebk said:
Hmmm, are you sure about availability. AFAIK the E2200HD should be available, and not the E2400HD. The pricing, if you are right, sucks. 22" for 13K and 24" for 21K?

Looks more and more like I will have to resolve myself to buying an E2200HD.

I haven't cancelled my Dell order. Am trying to get them to compensate me for wasting two weeks of mine before I accept a refund. These companies need to understand that while they have no qualms charging us things like late fees, this should be a two-way street. I am confident that the consumer court would support this stand. But that's a discussion for another thread. Let's stick to my question here.

According to the pricing i'm right no one would quote 21k for 22" ? My vendor he just told me that it will cost ~21k didn't inquire more as the price sucks & thats why i ordered dell !!!

Better stick to monitors rather then HDTV's unless you have ~40k to spend :p

It appears that there is no fullHD TV below 40-50K, which is twice my budget. Mods, please close this thread.

Back