PC Peripherals Cheapest printer

Hi friends,

I need to buy a cheapest printer for black and white printing manuals just to read myself. Please recommend which model and brand will be good for occasional printing for home use.

Budget around Rs. 1500 to 2500 +/- 10%

Thanks in advance.

HP has a few models.
HP deskjet 1360, Canon PIXMA, Epson c-58 2K/-
most inkjet printers in low budget range come with half filled cartridge "introductory cartridge", which can print only 20-25 pages depending on the print settings. So you will end up in buying a new one very soon. think of that.

Also if u are going to print many pages the investing in laserjet seems a good idea.

geek ashish said:
H

most inkjet printers in low budget range come with half filled cartridge "introductory cartridge", which can print only 20-25 pages depending on the print settings. So you will end up in buying a new one very soon. think of that.

One can refill half filled cartridge at cheap price.

Link : Canon India

1.> Canon IP 1880 come for around 1.8K [I have checked the prints gr8 for normal text , color prints look ok]

2.> Canon IP 1980 is a NEW , compare it with 1880 and decide which one to get.

The Canon "Tiny 2pl (min) ink droplets" is what makes fine prints

others have 3pl or 4pl it seems in budget printers.

Get any off the above mentioned printers and you will be happy :)

Here the cartridge might be 700 To 900 Rs. checkout before buying

====================================================

HP 915 has the cheapest cartridges

Some BLK = 325 , Color = 425

But the printers is for some 6~7K.

My use will be estimated about about 300 to 400 pages approx per annum. Then, which printer will be economical for use, printing price versus whole price?

buy the HP 915

you may get the printer for cheap but the ink cost would kill ya (ink cartridges are bread and butter of printer manufacturers ) so if you are going to use the printer for long...look for printers which have cheaper ink cartridges

virus32win said:
One can refill half filled cartridge at cheap price.

re-filled cartridges dont perform well... tried it on a HP all-in-one.. the damned thing leaked all over the place.. wouldnt recommend refilling it...

ok, considering high price of new printer cartridges, which printer will print pages at low cost rate. Means, high efficiency printer. Can spend on new printer more, but after that it should be economical to do the duty.

amityrock said:
^^ about the same.. sometimes i wonder why people buy dmp? makes absolutely no sense to me..

per page cost of DMP is less than 25% of per page cost of laser. laser needs better quality paper and costly cartridges.

whacky_rohan said:
re-filled cartridges dont perform well... tried it on a HP all-in-one.. the damned thing leaked all over the place.. wouldnt recommend refilling it...

refiling is one thing. while refurbishing is another . refills generally costs around 25% of original cost. but its always advisable to go for refurbishing which costs little more, but will be of much better quqlity than refills.

my orginal Hp laser toner leaked which gave repair cost of 3000, so there is gurantee if the original one will work perfectly as well :(

Back