Chia Plotting Service in India

rsaeon

Patron
I'm opening up ~5TB/day capacity on my plotting systems for anyone who'd like to have some Chia plots within India. I'm calling it Samosa Plot, haha. Here's some information about PaaS (Plotting as a Service): https://chia.supply/blog/what-is-paas/ and what plotting actually is: https://chia.supply/blog/what-is-plotting/ (disclaimer: I do not know the people behind this blog).

The best way this can work is if I purchase a drive from Amazon on your behalf, format it and fill it with plots made with your public keys, and then ship it to you. You can then point the Chia app to this drive and start farming these plots. The alternative (and more risky) way is if you send me a drive you already own. This is because shipping hard drives is not something that is trivial, and they're susceptible to damage. By purchasing from Amazon, we can always file a claim and get a replacement if a drive arrives damaged.

As for drives, 4TB is a good starting point since these drives are readily available and there doesn't seem to be any shortages or price increases at this tier. There's no additional shipping charge if I'm plotting an entire 4TB+ drive for you. Otherwise, shipping is an additional Rs 150 per drive to anywhere that can accept non-essential deliveries. Shipping information is available here: https://www.shiprocket.in/blog/logistics-updates-corona-virus-outbreak/. Drives will be shipped out within a day of completion.

Pricing for forum members is Rs 75 per K32 plot. There will be no refunds. You can message me here or on Telegram: https://t.me/samosa_plot (preferred) to get started.

But first, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
  • Earning or winning Chia is a statistical lottery where someone's chances decreases as the netspace increases. This is not a surefire way to get rich. But you can be part of the blockchain, and if you have more than 2TB of plots, you can earn something through unofficial pools like HPOOL. Unfortunately, I cannot give advice regarding HPOOL.

• Speaking of pools, there are none at the moment. Any plots made now can only be farmed solo, or with HPOOL. Official pool support is coming but not yet confirmed as to when. Could be in a few weeks, could be a month or two. And plots will have to be remade for pools. Existing plots can continue to be farmed solo, they just cannot be used for pools.

• I'll package the drive securely in a layer of thick thermocoule covering the outside box, but I cannot guarantee anything beyond that. I'll be using Shiprocket for courier dispatch, and they can process claims of upto 5k for lost packages, but nothing for damaged packages. You're welcome and encouraged to have your courier to pick up the package while making sure it is insured for the value of the drive + plots.
Plotting would be done on a first come, first serve basis. I'll be splitting the 5TB/day capacity between a maximum of two people so there may be an eventual waiting list for those who come later.

Should have specified I meant external.

I can see these. Prices haven't increased much, I bought for around the same price in January.

And the 3rd one with a Rs 460 off coupon looks like a good deal. Might order one.

1622637044477.png

I stand by my word that chia is stupid.

The reason I believe that crypto are stupid is because it believes in greater fool theory. but my personal conspiracy theory is that corrupt chinese/russians are using it as a way to get the money out of the country. probably corrupt indian politicians too. crypto is the new swiss bank.

Can't be bothered to look into Chia just yet. But Chia is long term (1 - 2 years), don't expect Eth kind of short terms profits. I'd assume whoever is into this will already know but just putting it out there.

I stand by my word that chia is stupid.

The reason I believe that crypto are stupid is because it believes in greater fool theory. but my personal conspiracy theory is that corrupt chinese/russians are using it as a way to get the money out of the country. probably corrupt indian politicians too. crypto is the new swiss bank.
Yes, it does seem that the chinese are world leaders in crypyo mining, and it's probably also a backdoor attempt to drain resources of other countries. Win-win for them.

And then there's the saying, 'a fool and his money are soon parted'...

Was available for 43k a few weeks ago. Looks like crpyto guys have ruined HDD pricing as well. :anguished:

That's just on Amazon. Internal drive pricing is more or less the same in the local market and other online stores like PrimeABGB. They have everything in stock, at regular prices. Their "Chia" sale ended with hardly any in-stock numbers changing. People aren't willing to invest in plotting required to fill these drives. At least, not in India.

People go to where the money is. It's a fact of life. Until we shift to a utopian society where currency has no value and people are free to pursue their interests, people will continue to gravitate to where the most money is to be made. That said, it's not as bad as the GPU market.

There was never a really big external desktop hard drive market, I've been watching the listings on Amazon the last several weeks. 16tb externals that were being sold in the local market for 40k+ were discounted down all the way to 24k on Amazon because no one was buying them. But now, they're gone. 8tb external drives disappeared soon after Chia's mainnet launch, but they have been restocked atleast thrice and subsequently sold out to presumably Chia hopefuls. I doubt any pc enthusiast would prefer an 8tb external drive over an internal one, though. But then again, in our own marketplace here, large capacity drives went unsold for many months simply because the average consumer in India doesn't really think they need them.

There's a considerable amount of computational work involved in making Chia plots that I don't see people gobbling up stock like with GPU mining. The storage market, so far, has been not been affected as news and blog articles made it out to be. The barrier to entry is pretty high, it's not like GPU mining where you can just get a GPU and PSU and risers and be done with it. You need a high core count CPU, at least 32GB of memory, at least 1TB of resilient NVMe storage. All of these add up.

Most of all, you need time. You'll spend hours making a single plot, with no guarantee if it will ever win/earn you a coin in the next 5 to 10 years. That's the entire opposite of GPU mining where you can withdraw just about immediately as you start mining.

My plotters were nearly 200k each and that's before any external or internal drives. And combined with Chia's price drop, a lot of people are regretting their purchases and are returning their purchases because ROI went from days to months and years. That just leaves smaller farmers who feel lucky and want to be part of the blockchain because they missed out on BTC during the early days. And for people like that, having a laptop spend 12+ hours churning out a Chia plot isn't viable.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's just it. All that effort, resources and time invested and nothing to show for it. Last i checked on reddit etc. no one's actually made any money off of chia.
And Bitcoin etc are destroying the planet. You think all the money people are actually earning mining is even close to the energy being wasted? And what about the carbon footprint of all that energy production which is being wasted on mining?

A handful of people are making a little money while destroying everything for the rest of us.

There was this whole hype about social responsibility and saving the environment etc not too long ago. Guess people forgot aboutv all that because making money is more important apparently.
Maybe I'm just lucky I'm too poor to afford a mining rig eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Chia's mainnet just launched in late March, and It was just about three weeks ago that the coin opened up at exchanges for $1k USD. It's a little funny, there are blog posts of people speculating it will launch at $20, just before that launch. There are actual Chia millionaires who plotted all throughout before the launch: https://www.chiaexplorer.com/top-addresses

It's an unproven cryptocurrency, but I've mined for BTC through middlecoin back in 2012/2013 and the feeling that I get is that Chia is different. It's too early to tell if it'll last or leave a mark or just become another throwaway crypto. Maybe after pool support comes to mainnet, and people's earnings become less like lottery wins, thing will become more clear.

As for carbon footprint, I understand a little, but there's some truths that are difficult to ignore:

(I still need to read the entire article)

I enjoy reading your posts man, they're usually high on quality, i just wish you were on the good guys side on this lol

So other than the launch period, are people actually making money mining chia or they all just waiting for a payday?

Because that's what i got from what i read. I don't regularly visit any specific reddit content, but one i occasionally do is datahoarder, and the guys there are furious and devastated at the same time because of chia.

And i have a bunch of 8tb and 16tb Amazon India and FK links bookmarked which i check daily. So I don't need people telling me that pricing and availability isn't affected that much because i KNOW that the market is affected. Since about mid-first week May.

The reason I believe that crypto are stupid is because it believes in greater fool theory. but my personal conspiracy theory is that corrupt chinese/russians are using it as a way to get the money out of the country

This. I've been telling ppl the same thing for the last 5 years since most of the mining pools are in China and the biggest exchanges by volume are Chinese owned as well (Binance & Huobi), mention that and the obvious fact that their coins are still priced in fiat and the bitcoiners turn hostile.
My personal theory is that it's probably CCP controlled at this point of time, they're dumping these shitcoins they've mined out of thin air and selling it for fiat to buy up real assets in the UK, Aus, Canada, etc via their proxies. Eventually they'll be left with hard assets and people will be left with their worthless digital tulips on their rigged exchanges. Personally I'm just waiting to see how CIAtoshi NSAmoto's 500k coins come into play once all the BTC has been mined.

In 2005-06 even I believed that it was a win against the banksters but eventually I realized that it's a tool made by them itself to rip people off even more while they are made to believe that they're winning against the big guys.
I still hold some crypto because why not, if you sell on the news you can make guaranteed insta gains, bought some doge again after the crash last week since it was going to be listed on Coinbase, sure enough got 25% gains in the last 24 hrs.
Crypto will still be around for a few years before getting totally banned, govt. will use all the ransomware attacks as an excuse (probably done by China) and clamp down on all the exchanges.
There have been two major ones in the past one month itself, one being the pipeline and just yesterday shutting down the largest beef producer in the US.

If anyone even has an ounce of doubt left that it's not a manipulated scam run by billionaire banksters, they need to watch this.

I enjoy reading your posts man, they're usually high on quality, i just wish you were on the good guys side on this lol

So other than the launch period, are people actually making money mining chia or they all just waiting for a payday?

Because that's what i got from what i read. I don't regularly visit any specific reddit content, but one i occasionally do is datahoarder, and the guys there are furious and devastated at the same time because of chia.

I haven't picked a side, I'm just curious about where Chia would go, and if it's here to stay, then I'd like to be prepared. I do have some crypto regret, if I had only believed in it instead of selling. I cleared out my BTC when it fell to $200 a few years ago. It would have been 8 digits today.

Right now, people are just hoping for a payday. Others are leaving though, because of some bad messaging from the founder. I'm going to wait and see, I haven't invested anything that can't be repurposed for something else, so my stake in it isn't much. I'm mostly plotting/harvesting on behalf of relatives for a 5% commission of their eventual earnings.

r/datahoarder is going through some dark times, that is true. Storage prices have spiked all around the western world, but like I said the situation is not that dire in India. At least for the time being between the local market and PrimeABGB. Large capacity internal drives have an another use in another industry: CCTV. Perhaps it is because of this that there's a huge buffer of supply in India.

I moved away from windows system purely because of these miners ... first GPU and now HDD. They ruined the charm of custom build PC... sad old days :(
its much easier to get a server and VNC it, rather then building a rig in home these days.

I'm opening up ~5TB/day capacity on my plotting systems for anyone who'd like to have some Chia plots within India. I'm calling it Samosa Plot, haha. Here's some information about PaaS (Plotting as a Service): https://chia.supply/blog/what-is-paas/ and what plotting actually is: https://chia.supply/blog/what-is-plotting/ (disclaimer: I do not know the people behind this blog).

The best way this can work is if I purchase a drive from Amazon on your behalf, format it and fill it with plots made with your public keys, and then ship it to you. You can then point the Chia app to this drive and start farming these plots. The alternative (and more risky) way is if you send me a drive you already own. This is because shipping hard drives is not something that is trivial, and they're susceptible to damage. By purchasing from Amazon, we can always file a claim and get a replacement if a drive arrives damaged.

As for drives, 4TB is a good starting point since these drives are readily available and there doesn't seem to be any shortages or price increases at this tier. There's no additional shipping charge if I'm plotting an entire 4TB+ drive for you. Otherwise, shipping is an additional Rs 150 per drive to anywhere that can accept non-essential deliveries. Shipping information is available here: https://www.shiprocket.in/blog/logistics-updates-corona-virus-outbreak/. Drives will be shipped out within a day of completion.

Pricing for forum members is Rs 75 per K32 plot. There will be no refunds. You can message me here or on Telegram: https://t.me/samosa_plot (preferred) to get started.

But first, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
  • Earning or winning Chia is a statistical lottery where someone's chances decreases as the netspace increases. This is not a surefire way to get rich. But you can be part of the blockchain, and if you have more than 2TB of plots, you can earn something through unofficial pools like HPOOL. Unfortunately, I cannot give advice regarding HPOOL.

• Speaking of pools, there are none at the moment. Any plots made now can only be farmed solo, or with HPOOL. Official pool support is coming but not yet confirmed as to when. Could be in a few weeks, could be a month or two. And plots will have to be remade for pools. Existing plots can continue to be farmed solo, they just cannot be used for pools.

• I'll package the drive securely in a layer of thick thermocoule covering the outside box, but I cannot guarantee anything beyond that. I'll be using Shiprocket for courier dispatch, and they can process claims of upto 5k for lost packages, but nothing for damaged packages. You're welcome and encouraged to have your courier to pick up the package while making sure it is insured for the value of the drive + plots.
Plotting would be done on a first come, first serve basis. I'll be splitting the 5TB/day capacity between a maximum of two people so there may be an eventual waiting list for those who come later.
Well let me say that I support your initiative and can support in you every way. That includes making plots for you if the need be. It's not chia, or crypto, it's about supporting a fellow member.
What ever it takes.
All the way.

I haven't picked a side, I'm just curious about where Chia would go, and if it's here to stay, then I'd like to be prepared. I do have some crypto regret, if I had only believed in it instead of selling. I cleared out my BTC when it fell to $200 a few years ago. It would have been 8 digits today.

Don't keep that much faith in all these cryptos. ETH has been around for what ? almost 8 years now and it still has no solid utility whatsoever. It's just turned into a platform for other scamcoins/shitcoins to thrive on, have you seen the GAS fees ? it's laughable. Just look at the number of scams that prop up almost on a daily basis.

Like boo already said it basically runs on the greater fool theory, take my friend for e.g., dude literally turned $250 into 100k in 3 months by thinking how the fools would think.
The logic he used was this, since Doge was already pumped from 0.0003 to 0.03 cents, newer bakras would look at Doge price history and invest their stimulus cheques in other penny shitcoins expecting 100x gains which is exactly what they did running up to last week's crash. And what was the correlation ? Dogecoin has a Shiba Inu dog on its logo so my friend bought 250$ worth of this shitcoin called Shiba Inu in Feb which increased by over 1500% in 3 months, now whether the fools bought Shiba Inu mistaking it for Doge or not, that remains a mystery.

Chia tbh is the most useless pos I've ever seen. It has no utility whatsoever. if you want to put the tinfoil hat on i'd say it's probably funded by WD and Seagate to boost their HDD sales lol.
The thing is, by the next time the next bull cycle comes around, the older shitcoins fizzle out and fade out of memory.
It's about finding the next penny stock that will give you at least 10x in the next 2 years and Chia doesn't look like it and if it does do 10x I'll lose my remaining faith in humanity.

Personally I'm not indulging in any of these shitcoin lotteries anymore because logic and reason don't work there but if there's one shitcoin worth investing for the next 5 years i'd say that's EOS.
It's going to be used as a token for trading on a new exchange backed by Peter Thiel, the co-founder of Paypal, this guy was handing out 100k to Vitalik Buterin when ETH was 3$ each, I'll be tossing 500$ at it for the long term on the next dip.
Keep in mind that these are still rigged markets run by whales and you should only invest money you're willing to lose. For every one person who makes money on crypto, there are 99 losers.

I don't know about cryptocurrency but blockchain tech is here to stay.

True it has its utility in some use cases but none of these crypto companies are the solution. if any big tech company wants to integrate blockchain tech they'll easily make their own in-house instead of depending on any of these token sellers.

Back