Chill Chill... Bling Bling!!

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
After many months of confusion between Ultima-90 and TRUE, I finally went off and bought new heatsink for my quaddy. Which one?? :p

Look at it yourself...

Let the pics do talking....

The Bundle - The heatsink and accompanying fan inside the plastic shroud. LGA775 assembly ring. Tuniq TX-2 premium thermal compound. Fan controller PCI bracket. Screws and instruction manual.

LGA775 mounting ring for heatsink assembly and Tuniq TX-2 thermal compound.

The Heatsink with bundled fan mounted. Notice the slight curve at the end of fins, that's to redirect some flow of air onto motherboard componenets.

The otherside. Bundled fan.

The CPU contact surface. Exposed heatpipes for direct contact with CPU heatspreader... hence the name ”Core Contact“ freezer.

WARNING... nice, I love warnings. Plastic shield covering the contact area to avoid scratches on surface.

The contact surface. Not exactly smooth mirror finish, but well polished and leveled surface. The Heatpipes are also quite large and should be well effective.

Another close-up of fins. Notice the bent end, for redirecting the airflow on motherboard components.

CCF installed in my system. I changed the bundled fan with one of my Glacialtech fan (89CFM baby... yeh).

Another shot of CCF tower. This thing is massive yet not as heavy as it may look. The mounting ring was one of best push-pin implementation I've seen and made things easier. The mount was sturdy enough for vertical position.

Right now the temps are down by 6º C. But I think I need to re-install it again. Maybe do a proper coating of TX-2 and check the sitting again. OC'ing will happen only after I'm happy with stock settings.

Note: Values are calculated from CoreTemp (averaged from temp value of each core under idle condition. Everest stress test was used for stressing CPU for 10 mins for max load temps)

Intel Stock Cooler

BIOS : 42º C

Idle : 41.25º C avg

Load : 56.25º C avg

Sunbeamtech CCF

BIOS : 36

Idle : 38.25º C avg

Load : 51.5º C avg

So that was Chill Chill!!

.... and now for some Bling Bling!! :D

Oh yes. I change the LED's on fans... again. :). This time I went amber. Unfortunately, they are not as bright as they look in this photo.

But that's not all. I bought a red cathode tube to go with orange LEDs... and decided to mix it with one my blue cathode tube. Results are funky I guess. :)

More pics...

You can click on the pics for larger version. :)

Which fan are you using on this one?

Mind you, this cooler does not perform at its peak potential with even medium speed fans. Even 60cfm is too less.

If these temps you got are with the other fan, try using the stock fan if you havent already. Its quiet good.

The Sorcerer said:
If amber was as bright as that photo, it is indeed a refreshing change from the usual colours. Great and wise choice.

Yes... it isn't that bright. I couldn't find orange/yellow cathode, so I went with red. I wanted to get some different lighting color from regular stuff, but for now this should be fun. I've few more (amber) LED's with me, I think I'll build a small board to throw in some more amber light in case. Next plan is to get rid of the blue cathode, move the red cathode to bottom and let amber dominate top. When I get time and attack to do that. :p

Shripad said:
Which fan are you using on this one?

If these temps you got are with the other fan, try using the stock fan if you havent already. Its quiet good.

I'm using Glacialtech fan (89CFM). But I'll give packaged fan a spin. Like I mentioned in my OP, I think I need to re-do the whole thing again as I think I should try and get better fit as well as thermal compound coating. Usually I spread the material with plastic (card/guitar pick :p etc). But I guess I was bit excited so this time I simply dropped a goop in center and expected it to spread automatically with surface. I think I'll go old school when I re-do the fitting again.

i am using the heatsink on 1 of the quads in the office.
when ocd the temps are same as the true with scythe sflex.

so the sunbeam gets my vote as it costs 2k compared to the true + fan combo that sets you back by 3.5-3.7k.

also the sunbeam bundle is very nice & the fan is very nice & not noisy at full speed.

very good purchase

stormblast said:
i am using the heatsink on 1 of the quads in the office.
when ocd the temps are same as the true with scythe sflex.

so the sunbeam gets my vote as it costs 2k compared to the true + fan combo that sets you back by 3.5-3.7k.

also the sunbeam bundle is very nice & the fan is very nice & not noisy at full speed.

very good purchase

+1

Mine another vote, just installed it about 30 mins back. Very silent and keeps the CPU chilled. All and all very happy and satisfied about this product. Highly recommended. As one of the author on frosty tech mentioned, its the age of exposed copper.

~LT

iGo said:
I simply dropped a goop in center and expected it to spread automatically with surface. I think I'll go old school when I re-do the fitting again.

I wont suggest doing that... it doesn't work well these kind of cooler. I did the old school way and am glad with the results. The CPU never goes above 45 at full load (non-oc).

~LT

I decided that I would re-do the thing sooner than later, as I didn't want things leaving to doubt. So, I decided to spend my sleepless night fixing things.

I had to take out the mobo to remove the heatsink, as the freakin' heatpipes and mosfet heatsink was blocking one of the clip. After which I cleaned and re-applied TX-2 on CPU... old school style. After spreading a nice even (almost) coat and re-fitting the heatsink, I took readings again.

Sunbeamtech CCF - run 2
BIOS : 33º C
Idle : 37.0º C avg
Load : 48.5º C avg

:eek:hyeah: Another 2-3º C gain.
Interestingly, Everest which was showing 41º C @ idle earlier (with stock Intel cooler) is now showing 32º C. I believe this is CPUTIN value as shown in HWMonitor. On load, CPUTIN value (both in Everest and HWMonitor) is now showing 42º C. I'll take it as good gain. :hap2:

Now, some overclocking (strictly mild) goodness this Sunday. :cool2:
and maybe, third run with packaged fan.

nice nice.. congrats to both iGo + LT

where didya guys shop frm btw? if prime then what is general procedure of placing order over there + delivery time..

The best results I have achieved by far is by evenly spreading the CM HTK-002 by hand

E7200@350*9.5=3325Mhz

1.18 sumthing vcore in bios/1.216vcore in windows(CPUZ,Everest,etc)

64*C max@RealTemp 100 TjMax

at stock hs :)

mr47 said:
nice nice.. congrats to both iGo + LT
where didya guys shop frm btw? if prime then what is general procedure of placing order over there + delivery time..

The best results I have achieved by far is by evenly spreading the CM HTK-002 by hand

E7200@350*9.5=3325Mhz
1.18 sumthing vcore in bios/1.216vcore in windows(CPUZ,Everest,etc)
64*C max@RealTemp 100 TjMax

^OT^

64C with a E7200 @ 1.2v ? :S You need to redo the fit :p

mr47 said:

Bought it from Prime. I'm from Mumbai, so I just barged in the shop and picked up the goodies. :)

linuxtechie said:
Am not in Bombay !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway KMD da man!

~LT

prime ships all over India dude:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

And dude congrats on ur purchase in btw where to get these led and how much they cost I am a noob:ashamed: in this case.want to change my fans led

Back