Chinese mobiles - The good ones.

greenhorn

Patron
While most of us assume that all chinese phones are crap, there are some diamonds in the rough out there.

I for one have been very happy with my Zen M25. While its entire ad campaign with the Big B is a sham ( turns out it doesnt play videos at all :p) I'm very happy because of its awesome build quality, look & feel, and IMBA (2600 mAH!, twin batteries) battery life.

Are there any of these chinese stuff that you've used which you'd actually recommend ?

Huawei has some good mobiles also

other than that all our mobiles are made in china or its counterparts, so we all use chinese mobiles

the only difference is QC that increases the prices and the spurious way its is sneaked inside our country to evade customs, so there is a huge price difference.

hotshot05 said:
since they dont mention the SAR value, how do you get to know if the SAR value is high or low?

Every product ALWAYS displaying their BEST PART... if they have lowest or equal SAR to Brands than WHAT STOPS them putting same on package with other details.

Well actually the common man is never bothered about SAR value and these chindi phones are not exactly bought by sons of ambanis or tatas to display the SAR values and use it as a selling point

sumatrix said:
Well actually the common man is never bothered about SAR value and these chindi phones are not exactly bought by sons of ambanis or tatas to display the SAR values and use it as a selling point
None of the mobile brands actually use the SAR value as selling point. But anyone who is tech savvy knows about the dangers of higher SAR values and would mostly avoid such products. (at least for their primary mobile phone)

A few Chinese phones (including Micromax) have been tested & confirmed to have higher SAR value than acceptable.

And SAR values of those phones are not mentioned because they are not tested before release in the market. Consequently, they aren't sold in counties where SAR testing is mandatory like Europe, US & Canada.

Note that I'm not talking about companies like ZTE & Huawei. Their products are okay.

@hotshot05

No you cannot measure it in your home. It needs to be tested in a lab & I don't think that India has a SAR testing facility.

sumatrix said:
We need to ALERT those common man about the SAR Value & why it's important. Reputed brands handsets now available for Rs.900/- also.

Brands like Samsung, SE, Nokia, LG need to start promoting importance of SAR Value with other features, if so, than I'm sure those brands going to SNATCH 10-20% market share from Cheap Chinese mobile handset in India.

Back