Chinese Woman Fakes Pregnancy With Prosthetic Belly, Tries To Evade Customs With Over 200 Intel Alder Lake CPUs

I thought this happened in India but it's in China and the motive was to avoid import duty ?

How high can it be in China to do something like this I wonder. In India i'm surprised it hasn't happened as yet.

I thought this happened in India but it's in China and the motive was to avoid import duty ?

How high can it be in China to do something like this I wonder. In India i'm surprised it hasn't happened as yet.
Am sure China would have their homegrowm cpu and gpu manufacturer which gives much cheaper and better machines but takes control of how you use it... This might be smuggled to cater to population who wants to own forin maal

Am sure China would have their homegrowm cpu and gpu manufacturer which gives much cheaper and better machines but takes control of how you use it... This might be smuggled to cater to population who wants to own forin maal
So why not go buy it from a shop? I don't think these chips are banned in China or is China prohibited from getting them these days?

I have no idea I was just babbling... With something that sounded better in my mind than on the post
Surprised at the high customs duty charged in China and it seems this smuggling happens only there

While China has exempted import duties for domestic semiconductor companies buying foreign equipment and inputs, it still charges import duties on finished chips. The general tariff on CPU imports is 24 per cent, with an additional VAT set at 13 per cent.
From Jul last year

24+13=37% :oops:

How much is Indian customs duty on CPU's? 42?
At least she's not into gold.
That's going on too

“International gold smuggling syndicates are bullish on India as it provides a high rate of return of more than 15% -- smuggling gold into India from Dubai and Taiwan and taking out the sale proceed through foreign currencies by hawala or in personal baggage of carriers,” a source said.

I never thought Taiwan could become a source of gold smuggling into India

Last edited:
Surprised at the high customs duty charged in China and it seems this smuggling happens only there
Surprised how? High import tax is a characteristic of any communist country.

How much is Indian customs duty on CPU's? 42?
Custom duty is 0% + 18% GST.

Surprised by lower custom duty? Unlike China, India has neither processor designer nor the fabrication facility. The world has reached 3nm, China has reached 7nm and last time India made microprocessors it was triple digit nm. India is about 30 years behind so it's not even worth investing in this sector.

Surprised how? High import tax is a characteristic of any communist country.
If they make and export computers then why do they have higher import duties on CPUs than we do?

It ensures they build their own instead of importing
Custom duty is 0% + 18% GST.

Surprised by lower custom duty? Unlike China, India has neither processor designer nor the fabrication facility. The world has reached 3nm, China has reached 7nm and last time India made microprocessors it was triple digit nm. India is about 30 years behind so it's not even worth investing in this sector.
Yes

If its that low then nobody is going to be smuggling CPU's into India

If they make and export computers then why do they have higher import duties on CPUs than we do?
I'm not sure I understand your point. But whatever experience I have importing and exporting from India, imported products which are meant to be exported back see net 0% custom duty. Same should be true for china.

I'm not sure I understand your point. But whatever experience I have importing and exporting from India, imported products which are meant to be exported back see net 0% custom duty. Same should be true for china.
The average user in China pays more than anyone else in the world for the same item? That explains why CPU smuggling is happening only in China.
The world has reached 3nm, China has reached 7nm and last time India made microprocessors it was triple digit nm. India is about 30 years behind so it's not even worth investing in this sector.
I think the military would disagree with you there :)

If you're going to blow something up, you want it reliable and well understood, cheap helps and you don't need the latest tech.

Think drones or missile guidance. How complicated do the chips they use need to be?

The best part is you made it and don't need to rely on anyone else

Back