Monitors Choosing a 19" TFT LCD

I am planning to get a new 19" TFT LCD and was initially thinking of getting either a VX1932wm or a VG1930wm.
But thanks to the problems that most users (here and elsewhere) have been facing with the VX1932 that is definitely out now. :)

So that leaves only the VG1930wm from Viewsonic now.
I am not sure of the offerings from DELL and Samsung LCD's but any info on thier monitors would be a great help.
My budget is around Rs. 10k for this.

Me too looking out for a 19" TFT LCD...with a similar budget

Was never too keen on Viewsonic ...

Samsung has pretty decent offerings though..

The 932 B Plus [box shaped one] and the 932 NW [widescreen]..

the latter was priced at a decent 10700 (lamington) ..932 B+ was not available with any of the dealers in the market..

I found this new thing by the name of AOC quite interesting..checked their site..
They've got a good range of products.. only problem being the availability :p
Seems they have got 1-2 dealers @ Lamington which are pretty hard to trace..:p
Probably would go with samsung..
any other suggestion guys?

Guys....Just buy Dell ....they've got some awesome deals at the moment.

AND...never ever ...even in your dreams fall for viewsonic....everything $ucks about them..

I am really keen on starting a Anti-viewsonic thread specially for people like you

so that one doesnt commit such a blunder.

when i was buying a new compy 2 months ago all i got was BUY 1930wm... and i did and am Xtremely happy with my choice... Its a beautiful screen and i just see no reason why i would say its bad.... Still.. i'm +1 for viewsonic.. Very happy with my purchase.. :hap2:

after sales support has to be great..the name is DELL afterall..:)

btw i found DELL SP2208WFP amazing..

20" widescreen with integrated webcam for 13.5K(incl. of shipping and taxes)

superb bargain..guess cant find anythin like this...

Best of the lot. I guess you havent been checking around what people are owning. Call the sales agent of dell (in the dell site) or see in the GO section if there are any deals (DUH)

The Sorcerer said:
Best of the lot. I guess you havent been checking around what people are owning. Call the sales agent of dell (in the dell site) or see in the GO section if there are any deals (DUH)

Call Dell and you will get the site prices, (which are miles away from what you can actually get the stuff for) - You want the discounted prices, you have to be forearmed with the relevant information and all it takes its 5 mins.

19" ~10.5k
19" UltraSharp (whatever that means) ~14k
22" ~14.5k

All 5 yrs warranty,

Since I actually own a Dell product and have had opportunity to actually use the warranty, I can say from first hand experience - There is no better warranty upkeep in India. At least none that I came across,

The Sorcerer said:
their website?!?!?!?!?? Gooogle????!??? Welcome to the internet!!

I was referring to "TheIndian's" post (below) which seemed to say the prices there are "miles away" from the actual prices.
TheIndian said:
Call Dell and you will get the site prices, (which are miles away from what you can actually get the stuff for) - You want the discounted prices, you have to be forearmed with the relevant information and all it takes its 5 mins.

19" ~10.5k
19" UltraSharp (whatever that means) ~14k
22" ~14.5k

All 5 yrs warranty,

Since I actually own a Dell product and have had opportunity to actually use the warranty, I can say from first hand experience - There is no better warranty upkeep in India. At least none that I came across,

Boot_Comp said:
So how do we get the "relevant info" and get the DELL products at the better prices? :hap5:

Read up the Dell GOs first - Read up other Dell threads and maybe you will find the answer.

If you know someone well enough maybe they will point it out to you.

If you are real lucky, Maybe someone will point it out even if they don't know you.

But you will have to make some effort. :D

Back