Audio Circle Arko speakers - Discussion Thread

Re: Circle Arko 100W. Anyone tried these ?

Ummm isn't it worthwhile investing in something which has been reviewed and received well rather than taking a plunge and risking it?

I am talking of those entry level powered bookshelves from M-Audio, AE2 and the likes. Search Bajaao.com. You might find some good deals there.

PS: Has the Logitech boom box conked out already?

given the swans M10 and some edifiers are getting good reviews, these seem to be decent contenders. My Logitech satellites had gone bust a while ago, so was looking for something more substantial to replace them.

Anyway I've been promised a pair by shakensoul, so I'm good :)

me's am gonna check em out today at the main Circle's vikhroli office. Will let you know!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

here's a review of the Microlab ones. This is the same as Circle with rebranding on it.

ModSynergy.com - Review 175 - Microlab SOLO-6 (2.0) Stereo Amplified Speaker System Review @ ModSynergy.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well here's a quick dirty review of them...

1. The are priced 6k (Circle Arko 80W) and 7k (Circle Arko 100W)

2. Both bookshelf speakers (2.0) are good for the money

3. The 100w has a boomy bass, the 80w is tight

4. Since there are only 2 drivers = tweeter and midrange + bass, the mids get eaten up in the 100w. So clarity of sound in the 100w is an issue

5. The 100w is big...6.5inch mid+woofer

6. One of the front speakers has LED display of the volume and bass, treble.

7. Has volume control at the back for both which is a minus but the incredible remote does everything for you, volume, bass and treble

8. RC jack speakers

9. No headphone jack

Bump!
<

Friend wanted a set for 7k purely for listening to music through his laptop/iPod and I recommended the 80W Circle Arko system. Make no mistake, this is exactly a clone of the Microlab SOLO5C. Strangely enough, we couldn't find a link for the Circle Arko systems.
We ordered the Arko 80W from eBay (costed Rs. 7065 inclusive of shipping minus a 200 Rs discount) and it arrived yesterday. The package was huge and heavy for something of this size. The drivers were enclosed in a neat wooden cabinet with the rosewood finish. Honestly, we weren't expecting something like this on a measly 7k system! The package included a pair of bookshelves, a tiny sleek remote (similar to the one indicated in the Microlab link above), a set of RCA cables, a 3.5mm TRS to RCA cable, an interconnect cable, a manual and warranty card.
One of the cabinets had the amp enclosed with the heatsink protruding out. The same cabinet has the remote sensor plus a digital 7-segment display on the front and a pair of RCA input jacks, a volume pot, output terminals and a power switch. Each cabinet has a 1" tweeter and a 5.25" woofer. The cabinets are ported at the rear.
We tried playing some 320 kbps jazz/trance tracks from his iPod Nano and it sounded pretty decent for something worth 7k. We hooked this up to my Essence STX and played some FLAC game OSTs from my primary rig through Foobar2000 (ASIO output) - Icarus from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Istanbul from Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Build That Wall from Bastion etc. I might sound a bit harsh here but this set actually reproduced better sound than what I have previously heard from my modded MX5021! Or at least to say, both of us felt so.
<

Or it could be a placebo effect. Beautiful and wide soundstage, bass was clean and tight (never felt the absence of a dedicated sub here!), no cracking highs. I think this was one hell of an investment for the guy and both of us are impressed. We did not test the set with games or movies so I cannot comment on those.
Those who are planning to buy something in the range of 6~7k for listening to music - look no further. Anyhow I've decided to invest in a proper stereo system sometime next month.
<

#Gannu

Congratulations in advance for your "proper stereo system"
<

You might want to disclose it?
<

B/w I am not getting that why is this warn status coming below my username?

LOL nothing hi-fi man. Trying to get hold of something very basic (with a limited budget!) in terms of a stereo setup.
<

Sourcing a decent amp here in India has become a pain! Most dealers seem to quote an unconvincingly high price dissuading me from getting it from them. Have begun the auditions nonetheless. It has been great so far. Ordered a pair of custom stands from Ali, Sound Foundations.
<

PS: Do not worry about the warn status bar. It seems like admins have made some modifications to the code so that only the user can view his warn status.

One should start with a basic only so that he should be able to understand hifi quite well. You can get an AMP here in India, depends on what brand you want, so far, what have you auditioned?
<

So far the usual suspects - Norge 2060, marantz PM5004 with a pair of Wharfedale 9.1/9.2/10.2 and another pair of Monitor Audio bookshelves (don't recall the exact model). Unfortunately I don't have much options other than 2 outlets here at Surat. Bombay is the nearest place where I can do some proper auditions but work doesn't permit me to take offs ATM.
<

I'll see if I can get hold of the Cambridge Audio Azur 550A/NAD C 326BEE/Denon PMA 710.

Let us not derail the thread now.
<

Pretty awesome! My musical fidelity A1 is gonna go for repairs soon as 1 channel seems to be cutting off once in a while.

Was thinking of getting another amp but now I think, I'll just get these for temporary computer audio
<

Ordered a Circle Arko 80w today. Effective price is 6.3k
<

Ordered the 100w version using the 10% discount coupon but it was not in stock and the seller asked if I wanted the 80w one. Saw this thread and went ahead
<
Since the price price difference on the unit was 1k, that is being refunded despite the shipping on the 80w being 225 bucks higher
<

Did you receive the system yet? Impressions?
<

Now I understand why you were asking for those stands!
<

The bloody seller is screwing around
<
Sent me the tracking number on Friday which isn't reflecting on DTDC website and the jokers say only the 2nd shift guys will be able to update about it. Truckload of BS!
<

The bloody seller is screwing around
<
Sent me the tracking number on Friday which isn't reflecting on DTDC website and the jokers say only the 2nd shift guys will be able to update about it. Truckload of BS!
<

Oh crap! Who was the seller? Mark Infotech?

#[member='Freaky'] - Have you received the speakers? Three days ago I have ordered 100w version on eBay. The seller was mark-infotech, but it seems these are no longer available and discontinued as per the seller and cancelled my order
<
.. Can somebody please guide me where can I buy these speakers in Hyderabad or online .. Thanks
<

I have already inquired at navkar collection & Bitfang, they do not have stock of these
<

Back