Circuit City Closes down!

i know. its been a month since court ordered it for liquidation. it was put up for sale but no one is ready to buy the chain. so no option but to liquidate all assets and the name forever. more than 35k people lost jobs.

sad.

my friend in US Texas used to be a vendor partner for the same...

i remember last year him to be earnin like anything there (whn we talked on phone, he let me know how good were the earnings )...

but now even he is going thru a rough period

SharekhaN said:
btw, circuit city is shit. All items are still overpriced when on sale. I advise people to only visit Best Buy.

Yup this is pretty typical.... The liquidating company comes in a values all of the products, and "puts them on sale" usually not a very good deal to start... but the intention is to create a buying frenzy. You have to wait until the stuff starts going down a little ...but then typically all of the really good stuff is gone... that said you can often still find good deals later on.

SharekhaN said:
btw, circuit city is shit. All items are still overpriced when on sale. I advise people to only visit Best Buy.

They do that in the first phase of the close-out sale. Currently the prices are pretty low. For example, A canon 55-250 IS is going for $170 (compared to $290 when the sale first began a month ago) at my local store.

Back