Android CLEANit (SHAREit) cache: Yay or Nay?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
The CLEANit feature of SHAREit just threw this out and it's not a mere 100-200MB. It's a whopping 5GB cache (which can be cleaned)!

What do you suggest I do with this? Should I go ahead or? I want to but I don't know if it will "accidentally" remove any essential or important file.

Screenshot_2024-01-24_233759~2.jpg

Delete Shareit. Use Google's Nearby Share for sharing files, available for Windows as well.

You can clear the cache w/o issues for almost all apps from my experience. Also, cache will get regenerated as required. I have been using 128GB internal memory phones with a 64GB SD card since 2017 (S8, then S20FE), space hasn't been an issue for me yet to be bothered about clearing the cache these days.

So no need for such cleaners.

Last edited:
Use this to clean your Android Cache:

This is completely open source, ad free and.. It does everything in a transparent manner.

All you need to do is grant this app the permission for the accessibility service and it'd manually go to the 'app info' of every single app on your Android and automatically tap on 'Clean Cache' for you. Witnessing automation like this is satisfying. :)

Use this to clean your Android Cache:

This is completely open source, ad free and.. It does everything in a transparent manner.

All you need to do is grant this app the permission for the accessibility service and it'd manually go to the 'app info' of every single app on your Android and automatically tap on 'Clean Cache' for you. Witnessing automation like this is satisfying. :)
Thanks. It will not delete crucial info will it?
4GB+ of cache is huge.

Back