Monitors Cleanser for lcd monitor and phone screens

sabby

ex-Mod
Hi all. What do you guys use to clean your lcd monitor and the tft screens of mobile phones ? I tried with a wet soft cloth to wipe the monitor but there are still some stains which won't go. What can I use ?

Thanks in advance :)

A polishing cloth, dry except if there are stains on the monitor. If there are stains, I have a 2-wipe kit which I bought from a music store once. They come as a set of 20 disposable wipes, 10 wet and 10 dry - dry follows the wet. One set is enough for a screen upto 30", two are required for larger screens.

In a pinch, a slightly damp polishing cloth will do. I dunno how you can get one here, a guitar store will have them for sure.

try using colin it will fufill ur purpose

though i have personally never used it but have read people suggesting this

@Cranky, Thanks buddy. I'll try to find those. Btw, do those have any particular name ?

@swastikrj, Will use it if the above is not available. Thanks :)

swastikrj said:
try using colin it will fufill ur purpose

though i have personally never used it but have read people suggesting this
dont use colin... over time, you will see spots / lines if not cleaned properly after using colin with dry cloth.

No Colin please, it will damage the matte coating. It's great for CRTs but not so much for treated glass.

No names on the wipes.

I've used colin for years it does zero damage. If you're that skeptical dilute it.

If it leaves stains just wipe more with a firm hand, use circular motions use a cloth well folded up. What more can I say. Remove dirt before applying any wet cloth.

It's an LCD screen, pretty durable.

And yeah I use colin for my guitar too, and the wipe provided with that is so thin it'll, or atleast feels like it will scratch the LCD.

Back