Storage Solutions Cloud Storage Drives help?

I need a backup HDD. Recently i came across these WD's Cloud Hard Drives. I have few queries regarding them if there are users of it here:

1. Do they transfer data over wifi? Like I need to access some movie on my phone, so i just open the app and get the access of that storage?
2. How are the transfer speeds wirelessly?
3. Are they really worth buying?
4. Do i need internet connectivity? Or i can just use a router's wifi without internet connection if my phone/laptop and the storage tower is in wifi range?

Hi harshit143,
I'll try to answer your questions:
1) You are absolutely right, you can access your files from anywhere on your phone with WD's free app.
My Cloud Storage can be used for home or small office that uses an Internet connection for local data access, and My Cloud software to make data available to remote users anytime, anywhere.
The easy-to-use Dashboard keeps you, the Administrator, in total control of your data. You decide which groups and users can access which folders, manage all passwords, and schedule crucial back-ups.
2) Most of the times it depends on your internet speed, It works like a normal cloud service, but the data is under your roof with all under your control.
For more details on the WD My Cloud drive you may visit the link below which will help you to understand:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=oVeFVN

Hope it helps.

Back