Cloud storage for Personal data

Office 365 family plan on a shared basis - 1TB for around 1k per year with MS Office. But its syncing functionalities aren't great, found Google drive to be better in that regard.

Onedrive's con - you can't select certain folders & mark them to sync like GDrive does. Instead you put your Onedrive folder somewhere & put all data that needs to be synced inside that specific folder. Sometimes this Onedrive folder causes issues with accessing files (don't remember exactly what happened, but that made me instantly think GDrive is better).

Office 365 family plan on a shared basis - 1TB for around 1k per year with MS Office. But its syncing functionalities aren't great, found Google drive to be better in that regard.

Onedrive's con - you can't select certain folders & mark them to sync like GDrive does. Instead you put your Onedrive folder somewhere & put all data that needs to be synced inside that specific folder. Sometimes this Onedrive folder causes issues with accessing files (don't remember exactly what happened, but that made me instantly think GDrive is better).
Isn't there a security risk in that? You would have to completely trust the original buyer or do we get sperate accounts which others can't access? What happens in case someone doesn't want to renew the subscription, does the account freeze for all?

Isn't there a security risk in that? You would have to completely trust the original buyer or do we get sperate accounts which others can't access? What happens in case someone doesn't want to renew the subscription, does the account freeze for all?
Separate accounts get their separate 1TB per person of storage, not a shared storage (won't have used it personally if that was the case). If the main purchaser doesn't renew, it should freeze or whatever is supposed to happen. Maybe you can be the main person & look for 5 other people in forums like this (there's a separate thread - https://techenclave.com/threads/sha...th-1tb-cloud-storage-₹500-year.188329/page-35)

Separate accounts get their separate 1TB per person of storage, not a shared storage (won't have used it personally if that was the case). If the main purchaser doesn't renew, it should freeze or whatever is supposed to happen. Maybe you can be the main person & look for 5 other people in forums like this (there's a separate thread - https://techenclave.com/threads/sharing-ms-office-365-with-1tb-cloud-storage-₹500-year.188329/page-35)
Hmm. I am trying "Microsoft 365 Business Basic" right now. Seems good enough for my use case i.e. 1TB storage. It also gives you web version of MS apps. It's going to cost rs 145 per month and the buyer will have full control.

You can use symbolic links to other folders within the OneDrive folder.

Hmm. I am trying "Microsoft 365 Business Basic" right now. Seems good enough for my use case i.e. 1TB storage. It also gives you web version of MS apps. It's going to cost rs 145 per month and the buyer will have full control.
This may sound as noob question, Although I have used webapps. This ms web apps works only in Browser or it have some other functionality to operate? I am zeroing down option to gdrive/ms office

Yes, but sharing 6 x 1 TB costs less than 900 per year. The primary account holder does have control in that case, but not to look at data of others, at least.

Yes, but sharing 6 x 1 TB costs less than 900 per year. The primary account holder does have control in that case, but not to look at data of others, at least.
Might be splitting heirs here but it seems to be over 1000 per person. The other thing is the renewal part, if the original buyer doesn't renew, do we have to buy a sperate account or can we renew our account individually, if so one would again need to find 5 more willing persons to share the cost. I think paying around rs ~600 extra an year is worth it in the end to avoid the aforementioned issues.
1672461161451.png

This may sound as noob question, Although I have used webapps. This ms web apps works only in Browser or it have some other functionality to operate? I am zeroing down option to gdrive/ms office
Only on browser (which is fine if you have a decent computer). Skype on PC does create some issues due to some specific config requirements but I don't really have a use for it.

Anyone up for sharing a Google one subscription?
Problem is, unlike MS Office 365, you don't get fixed individual storage. With Google, 6 people will be sharing the pool of 2TB, with O365, everyone gets 1TB each. I like the sync features of Google over O365, but sadly Google is expensive to purchase personally & O365 has shit backup & sync features hence stopped using it after a year.

1675920890818.png

I know when it comes to cloud storage, people always look for Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox etc. but do you know there is an Indian service provider called DigiBoxx?
I recently came to know about them, their pricing is really great, 2TB is only 199/month, for individual accounts.
P.S. I am not affiliated with, have accounts with or know anyone at DigiBoxx, I just came to know about them. I have not used their services personally.

Back