The game is freezing!
My config is:
Intel Core i5 750
2 Gb DDR3 RAM
9800 GT 512 MB (Green Edition)
OS-Windows vista (Black Edition)
PSU-Cooler Master 500W extreme Power

The resolution I am playing on is 1024 x 768

Version of the nVidia drivers installed? Vista Black Edition - never heard of this OS before! Any reason why you did not switch to Win 7 yet?

Forceware 195.62 and i know even I have no idea what black edition means(prolly a mod)..its just a temporary arrangement till i get a stable copy of windows 7.

MS does not even list Windows Vista Black Edition in their products' portfolio - at least I did not see one! I suspect the OS. Was there a reason you chose that Coolermaster power supply? I'd suspect the PSU after the OS although the green edition card has a lower thermal envelope and power consumption.

^^ must be some stripped and tweaked version of vista. .. like there was for xp ... 3rd party mostly.

can't count on this, the OS is buggy already.

Well, just for the sake of knowledge and not advocating a Vista hack, here is the link to Vista Black Edition. The hack seems to have a lot of inbuilt drivers, the OP should insure that his accelerator points to the official Forceware, which he should install.

installed windows 7 ultimate finally..and updated the forceware..

Though the performance of the game is much better than what it used to be in vista but still the game is lacking the smoothness with all the settings maxed out.. :-S

Something is really fishy on your side bro because i played mw2 on all settings maxed out at this config: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

my avg fps was around ~57 and min above 40 / resolution was 1440x900

please check out each and everything one-by-one

madnav said:
^3GB ram will do the trick for this game...

i don't think if ram is causing problem here but i can be wrong too :ashamed:

this game needs a lot of RAM,minimum 3GB is required to play it maxed out.

play the museum mission,and u'll really be able to see the bottleneck.

H_D said:
Something is really fishy on your side bro because i played mw2 on all settings maxed out at this config: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

my avg fps was around ~57 and min above 40 / resolution was 1440x900

please check out each and everything one-by-one
i don't think if ram is causing problem here but i can be wrong too :ashamed:

im pretty sure the ram is the issue...

Friends config:
E2180 @ 2.5GHz,
2+1GB ram
HD4670 512MB
..he can max out COD MW2 at FullHD..

My config..
B50 X4 @ 3.1GHz
2GB ram
HD4850 512MB
i can't max out even at 1680x1050

OS-Windows vista (Black Edition)

PSU-Cooler Master 500W extreme Power

I dont feel like helping u at all, but i will for the sake of ur hardware

the next change shud be 4GB RAM and a PSU like Corsair VX450W for ur rig.....

And please dont use pirated OS

What settings are u using for the game? regardless of that, r u OCing ur GPU or CPU, and are u up to date with the latest drivers?

@comp@ddict dude as i've mentioned before vista black edition was just a temporary arrangement and about the PSU and RAM-Budget Constraints

Settings -

Anti Aliasing -4X

Resolution - 1152 X 864

Textures -All Extra

My GPU runs on the stock speed of 550 MHz and neither did i OC the CPU..Updated to the latest forceware..

Reduce AA and that will do the trick.

I played COD MW 2

With all settings at high

2x AA at 1024*768

my config AMD X2 240 + 2gb ddr2 800 + HD 4650 1gb DDR2 (All stock)

FPS was betn 40-45 except the last part where the sand storm is there.

Well definately, greater than 2GB RAM is needed. See, the amount being used below. On the "Ranger Level". Its thrashing the pager file too.

cod2memory.png

shikharkapoor said:
@comp@ddict dude as i've mentioned before vista black edition was just a temporary arrangement and about the PSU and RAM-Budget Constraints

Settings -
Anti Aliasing -4X
Resolution - 1152 X 864
Textures -All Extra
My GPU runs on the stock speed of 550 MHz and neither did i OC the CPU..Updated to the latest forceware..

I assume it's the PSU...dont think gfx card is faulty...hav u tried any other game, and does the same happen with them?

also use 2xAA and try to play once..

Back