Budget 51-70k Colorful or Gigabyte for laptop?

DentFuse

Disciple
Hey everyone,

Hope you guys are all doing well. I was planning on getting a gaming laptop recently and came across two that caught my eye.

1. Colorful P15 Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12650H 4060 - LINK / Colorful Website
  2. GIGABYTE G6 KF Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12650H 4060 - LINK / Gigabyte Website
Both cost about the same and have the exact same specs on paper. The only difference are that the Colorful one has a 2k screen and 140W TDP for the GPU (1920x1080 and 75W TDP on the Gigabyte). This is approximately a 10-20% performance difference when compared. Both offer 2 years warranties, however, Gigabyte has better service in India (I'm assuming and hoping, please share stories, both good and bad) where as at this point in time I'm not even sure what the warranty process is for Colorful.

So basically it boils down to the fact that Colorful has approx. 15% better gaming performance and a 2k screen, while Gigabyte has a better service process (again, I'm hoping) IF something were to go wrong, on a side note, what issues have you guys faced in laptop please share. Apart from catastrophic motherboard failures and battery wear, everything else should be pretty tame?

Would appreciate any input from you on this, thanks!

Last edited:
1440p panel is a deal breaker for a laptop. A good 1080p panel is more than enough.

Among those 2, Gigabyte would be my pick but better wait for deals on 26th. Maybe something from Lenovo or HP will go on sale. I remember that Omen with 7840HS+4060 was 90k in summer sale.

1440p panel is a deal breaker for a laptop. A good 1080p panel is more than enough.

Among those 2, Gigabyte would be my pick but better wait for deals on 26th. Maybe something from Lenovo or HP will go on sale. I remember that Omen with 7840HS+4060 was 90k in summer sale.
Got it. So the screen is a non-issue.

Regarding Lenovo and HP, currently any laptop with a 4060, apart from these two are in the 85k-90k range, which is out of my budget. These are available for ~73k which looked like a really good deal.

140 vs 75 is not just a 10-20% difference, honestly I'd get the colorful just because of TDP itself, and personally, I wouldnt get either brands, both brands do not have a proven track record of after sales service and with gaming laptops, you need after sales service for it to be any good, wait for sale, Legion LOQ is supposed to go on sale and would be within your price range, grab that instead

Got it. So the screen is a non-issue.

Reogarding Lenovo and HP, currently any laptop with a 4060, apart from these two are in the 85k-90k range, which is out of my budget. These are available for ~73k which looked like a really good deal.
Lenov LOQ with i5 12450H & 4060 sells for under 80k frequently, it has at least a 100W TDP 4060 AFAIK.

Watch Jarrod Tech's video on why 100W is the max limit of 4060 & 4070 even though they advertise 140W TDP (it is because of voltage limit put in place by Nvidia).

Does AMD have some offerings in this price range? Around 80k? Most laptops seem to only offer a Nvidia GPU. I have no such preference for brand, only want the best price-to-performance ratio.

the gpu is pretty crap compared to a 4060, Nvidia is a no brainer in laptop space
Thanks, seems like AMD hasn't been able to get into gaming laptops all that well huh?

I guess, I'll wait for the upcoming sale and decide when the prices fall a bit. That would be the best course of action.
Like @altair21 mentioned, you will get better options with nvidia only. I feel the market is flooded with nvidia options only. Also you will get better tech with nvidia like dlss

Colorful specs are great but that's just on paper. Who knows how well their products are since they are relatively new on the market. If you are willing to take the risk then go with Colorful as they undoubtedly have better specs. Go with Gigabyte if you prefer reliability but that 75W TDP on the GPU is kind of limiting its potential must be because of inadequate cooling capability of the laptop so they just restricted TDP instead.

Back