COLOSSUS getting sexed up...

Vandal

Skilled
Not much time to post these days, but I did a fair bit of cleaning my PC today. It's been upgraded quite a bit, so I thought I'd put up these pics. None of this is very new except the soundcard, which is on loan by ASUS and I have not yet paid for, but she'll be mine by the end of this month lock, stock and RCA ;)

I've bought a WD 1 TB Black edition too though it's not in the pics cause it's not installed. Some will remember advising me to buy this HDD. Thanks for the advice :)

Stuff in pics (for imbeciles and the blind)
1. Intel C2D Q9650
2. ASUS Xonar Essence ST
3. ZOTAC GTX 285 AMP!

Gannu said:
Lol that's too much poop atop the heatsink! :rofl:

Congrats on the upgrade.

You know that pic was weird. Cause from the photo I thought so too. But it wasn't too much - uncomplimentary angle maybe? Any case there was none on the heatsink. Took a thin layer from here and spread it on the HS in a small square in the center. Remember this is the ultima 90i, who's surface area is bigger than the stock Intel HSF.

But yeah, it looks a like I went overboard from the pic.
How much time does it take for MX2 to start really cooling the CPU down? Cause I'm at 45 degrees ATM.

It took me a good 2 hours of constant load to get the temps down from 52 to 34 degs after I attached my new processor with MX2.

How much did the ST cost you ? Does it have a 3.5mm/6.3mm jack?

Thats a well balanced machine I must say :) 'grats!

PS : time to get your siggy changed a bit =)

|Anish| said:
It took me a good 2 hours of constant load to get the temps down from 52 to 34 degs after I attached my new processor with MX2.

How much did the ST cost you ? Does it have a 3.5mm/6.3mm jack?

Thats a well balanced machine I must say :) 'grats!

PS : time to get your siggy changed a bit =)

Exactly what I was hoping to achieve! Same contacts as on the STX. 2 x RCA outs, one 6.3mm headphone out

|Anish| said:
So there is one 6.3mm for headphones, but no 3.5mm.. ?

How would one connect a 2.1 system to it? And whats the cost of ST ?

The RCA audio in. There are two connects. And there's an RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable bundled.

Nice stuff. :)

Chip lying bare on the floor?. :p

And the TIM actually looks like it's been pooped onto the IHS. :lol:

|Anish| said:
So there is one 6.3mm for headphones, but no 3.5mm.. ?

How would one connect a 2.1 system to it? And whats the cost of ST ?

Must have some cables bundled like emu does. :)

For 3.5mm headphones, many have a 3.5>6.3 adaptor lying around, esp some gold-plated ones that come with good headpphones. :)

Else one can always buy one. :)

edit; OP cleared it out- thank you OP. :p

Back