COLOSSUS' setup (incomplete worklog pics)

Vandal

Skilled
I'm been damn busy, absolutely no time!
Haven't even set up the P5K Dlx since I got it a couple of months back, except for a preliminary test. Finally doing something about it...
Following is a couple of hours of work. More to follow during my Christmas vacations, when I'll get it running and benchy good and proper :eek:hyeah:

Pics:

Should I get paid for brand promotion?

Clean n shiny...

Ultra 120 needs to be lapped a little. Good to go after that...

More pics to follow later. Now let me get to work ;)

Finally uh, looking good so far man... now don't break until the build is complete :p And you should have added all that branding to the front door/panel...

argk thats the sound of my 256k connection choking on those pics... could you at least resize them to 1024* something :ashamed:

RiO said:
Finally uh, looking good so far man... now don't break until the build is complete :p And you should have added all that branding to the front door/panel...

As you know my good man, I've been erm...otherwise occupied for a very good cause :p. However the cause wanted to know just how fast my PC was - so I've had to set it up to impress just a bit more.

Nope not stopping now...setting her up, then benchies follow

Vandal said:
As you know my good man, I've been erm...otherwise occupied for a very good cause :p. However the cause wanted to know just how fast my PC was - so I've had to set it up to impress just a bit more.

Nope not stopping now...setting her up, then benchies follow

ahh.. wat are u setting up nd who are u so bent on impressing? sorta confusing :p :p

sweet pics man :D :D

sTALKEr said:
ahh.. wat are u setting up nd who are u so bent on impressing? sorta confusing :p :p

sweet pics man :D :D

That's for me and RiO to know and for the rest of you to wonder :p

Anyways I need to post more pics, will update the rig section soon as well. I didn't really have a lot of time to work on it. As I've said earlier its been a busy two months :eek:hyeah:

Now I need to buff up that STACKER, plonk in my ultra 120 and sflex fan and I'm good to go...

RiO said:

About the branding :p I felt it would have been more susceptible to wear while opening and closing the door, hands getting on it etc.

On the top there's like a slight recess since the fan guard juts out upwards and so does the front - these surfaces being higher than the region where I stickered it I feel there's a smaller chance of them coming off. I have a high table, so these'll show off well. The only issue I see is dust - but I cover the PC after a half hour of switching it off...

Now advise me on how to get paid for all this free publicity :p

^^^ Great!! Good to see another great rig finally shapin up... :p

I can see a ROTM in Collosus not far frm now!!! :p

Wher did u get that nvidia sticker?? EVGA???

ANP !!! said:
Super awesome stuffs :D.. And the Stacker makes it take a edge over every other rig :D.

LOL. ^^Yeah ROTM eh, lets see...I do need to get in another 500 gigger, so far using 3 HDDs @ 1 TB.

Also need to work out some issues with the memory heatsinks on my HR03 plus falling off, which is why I reverted back to stock cooling. I'm looking out for an 8800 Ultra cooler, which is 5-6 degrees cooler than the GTX cooler, the HR03 + seems like a friggin wasted investment now.

Also my upcoming X-Fi mod, the tube amp + senn HD650 should make it a killer. Add RiO's MVA panel based vx2025wm and :p there ya have it...ROTM?? possibly...

TechHead said:
^Op-amp mod for the X-Fi? Lemme know where you're getting it done please..wouldn't mind doing it on my X-Fi XM as well.

I need some help for that...you in Mumbai as well? Looking for a particular National opamp (LM4562) and rubicon power cap 16v 1200~2200uF. Can help? Very tough to get here...

TechHead said:
^Yep, in Mumbai as well.
You've tried at Lammy?

We're going OT here, but yes, I've tried at lammy for 6 hrs. All the component shops, Silikon, Visha and a whole lot of others.

Basically these mods remove the necessity of a DAC, since the X-Fi has a terrific DAC already but is let down by crappy op-amps and the shittier jamicon power cap.

I've got silver solder, a point solder iron. All I need is the components. Check for Blackgate caps, I think its known as Rubicon, they took over Blackgate.

Else I'll have to buy a DAC for the HD650 and I don't want to do that...

Back