Laptops Compaq Presario v6608AU dead

Metalspree

Skilled
My brother seems to face over heating issues with his Compaq laptop which is close to 4 years old . It so happened that the laptop is not turning on any more he suspected it to be over heating so gave it to a local repair shop who said its not over heating but the MOBO gone bad and also said that this particular laptop has issues with the MOBO . The local guy was ready to repair but charges were 8K.

I want to know whether its worth spending so much on a 4 year old laptop. Also can any Hyderabad members recommend to a good Laptop repair shop in and around K.P.H.B or Chenoy Trade Centre, Parklane.

His usage is very much limited to light browsing , torrenting

#thevnk any help here ??

not worth better spend for the new laptop cause the basic intel dual core with 2-4 gb ram and 500 gb will cost 18-20k

they are replacement new board or repair (soild work soon)

so dont spend 8k for repair the laptop cause it will fail again after 2-3 year

Have the same laptop. Being used by my father. I wouldn't spend 8K on it.

Also my sister has the newer model of the same laptop. Her battery and the charger has gone kaput. If by any chance you are planning to shelf this one then do consider selling those to me. You can have same value out of a dead laptop.

Known issue with that series of Compaq Laptops! The rate quoted for a new motherboard is about fair (usually between7k-8k)! I would say you should still go for the repair if the person is ready to provide few months of warranty on it!

the laptop has nvidia mcp7m-a2 single chip (graphic+north bridge+south bridge in single ic) BGA ic, it is most notorius for failure, ge the chip replaced by good repair centre.

Trying to convince my brother to get a new lappy but he is admant in getting one. His point of view is that with 8K spent he can use it for atleast 2 years more and the repair guy is ready to give 1 year warranty.

Back