Complete home automation

Yeah for that amount of real estate and budget, I dont think KNX can be an option. KNX has native integration with HA. For reference an 8 switch actuator is around 40k. For locks, look at yale, similar features, but with local support.
I will look into yale for sure! Thanks a ton!

I was looking into qubo and I realised that even with the most expensive plan, the app will only work with 5 devices at the same time, which is a problem considering the number of that will be living.

So I'm thinking of getting ubiquity cameras and doorbell mostly of the local data storage (and yes ik about their recent data issues, but looks like it was a very local problem with very few people affected).

For locks I'm thinking of aquara now and not qubo for the same above mentioned reasons.

Please let me know if the actual case is otherwise! Thanks:)
yep you are right about 5 people maximum. i am a little conservative and prefer limiting the number of people who can access/approve. (I have a central device in the hall which all can see plus my device).
for me the convinience of one app and one provider is important so that i have only one person to chase.

that said Ubiquity is quite good.

So in my quest for construction of my house (which is a huge task as I'm learning each day) I came across 2 options for networking - ubiquity and TP-Link omada. In another thread someone has claimed that ubiquity has bad customer service (atleast for non-corporates), I have personal experience with tp-link, it's not the best but it works and omada has 5 years warranty (so atleast I will be able to wrote off all my gear over 5 years this way) I'm am thinking of going with omada.

I was thinking of getting a UDM, a poe switch, APs and cameras from ubiquity which was running me somewhere in the ball park of 200-300k.

Omada has everything as well, but it's as nicely packed as unify (UDM is very neat package) biggest cost saver is the cameras, where ubiquity is selling last gen cameras for an exorbitant price, TP-link apparently has the Vigi line up which is quite reasonable.

Overall omada setup costs half as much as unify. (Will go for ubiquity only if I can find a good dealer)

Reolink - could not find any support in India.

Reolink - could not find any support in India.

That is correct. They do not have any presence in india. I currently have 9 of their cameras and I have been using them for 2 years(Tried a bunch of software nvrs and eventually bought their hardware nvr), Could not be happier! They have a lot of variety and they are considerably cheaper than UI(while being more feature rich and less buggy than vigi). I didn't like vigi cameras but then it has been ~2-3 years since I tried it and it might be better now.

Omada is great for WiFi and switches(all my WiFi and switches hw is from omada and I'll be adding more APs). I can not suggest omada routers/firewall to people who are even a little bit into networking and may want to customize their setup. Their router products has subtle bugs. That alone wouldn't be a problem because every network vendor's software has problems, The real issue is it's a a hassle to get any thing fixed. The tickets go unanswered and forums are filled with people who'll keep parroting basic troubleshooting steps than escalate and get someone else to fix it.
I personally have experience trying to get some bugs fixed in their switches and a friend had some problems with their vpn router product. Depending on how much you want to dive into this, A router/firewall from UI or honestly mikrotik might be better although the latter requires fair bit of know how to configure properly.

For UI / TP Link / Mikrotik dealers, Try JRS networks or fgtech. Moglix also has a lot of products but they have a slight markup than distributors

@Nyan as ishan suggested fgtech store mumbai is the best for mikrotik anyone can get , their prices are the best .

for tp link get from madit infotech bangalore or fg tech .

for ubiquiti- madit, fg tech, and Savex Delhi are the ones which quote the lowest.

But personally I would recommend you Hikvision NVR + Cameras they are the best and their is no competition for them in market .

They have the most clean ui app + most smooth better than CP PLUS.
VIGI has too many bugs
I have a 16ch NVR from hikvison

Last edited:
Back