PC Peripherals Computer booting issue - restart loop without display

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
My computer has suddenly stopped booting yesterday. When I switch it on, the fans start spinning for a couple of seconds and then the computer restarts and again and the same thing repeats all over continuously. I do not even get a display. I thought may be one of the RAM sticks has gone bad, so I selectively removed and installed the sticks. Still no go. It can still be possible that all sticks have gone bad, but I want to rule out any other reasons first.

So any other ideas guy's? Could a faulty Graphics card lead to such an issue considering I was earlier having another problem with booting. Ever since the cold increased, my 4850's were having a problem. When I cold boot the machine the display would not come up although I can hear the GPU fans running. If I let it remain running like that for a few minutes and restart it then used to boot fine. In any case even this is not happening now. Its just a reboot loop when ever I switch on the machine.

Yes, same happened to my PC when my 8800GT died on me.

I also faced cold boot issue's with my Abit IP35-E mobo, If I let it remain running for a few minutes and restart it then used to boot fine.

Could a faulty Graphics card lead to such an issue considering I was earlier having another problem with booting.

I had a similar issue but never responds to Shut Down, instead kept restarting itself to the desktop. The CMOS battery could be dead - replace it with a new one. Type: CR2032.

I think your CMOS Battery could not be functional. Wash your battery with water.....It will start again.....

Finally got some time today to pull apart my rig and diagnose the problem. My Gigabyte X48 DQ6 seems to have conked off. Everything else is working. Put together a makeshift Linux using my old mobo/CPU to use till the time I get the board RMAed.

Back