PC Peripherals Computer Table Top

iam2010

Disciple
Hi All,

Has anyone tried getting a computer table top from a local carpenter?

I am thinking of getting a table top done by a carpenter for my custom size and fit it to the wall with angle brackets. I was wondering what kind of material to use, Solid wood or Plywood or MDF?
I don't want to spend more than 5k for this.
If anyone has done something similar before, please share your experience

I bought a used/surplus block wood door from a shop that sells primarily wood and paid a carpenter to glue on decolam on each side and along the edges. This was a few years ago and I was extremely price constrained. The door was 800, the underside decolam was also 800, and the top side decolum was 1200. Surplus doors are ones that have been returned from the jobsite for no particular reason other than it was not needed or used. The decolam came in sheets of 4 feet by 8 feet, if I remember correctly.

It would have been trivial to cut down the door to a smaller size but I wanted a large surface, the door I chose was 75x36. The siding, glue and labour came up to another 1200 since it was a really simple job.

It's held up really well, but I want to change out the top sheet someday to something more premium. There are workshops that have large planer machines that can remove glued decolam for a couple hundred rupees.

Here is the table top:

IMG_2057.jpeg

Back