Monitors Concerns: before getting a 24" LCD

Spectre

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I am have using 19" LCD for a longtime now. The only reason I have not upgraded is due to my notion that a bigger LCD will cause eye strain.
Few days before I borrowed a 24" Dell HD LCD (with backlit LED) from a friend of mine, to experience it and see if I really want to upgrade my monitor

I am simply blown over by the visual appeal of games in a 24" HD monitor

Now, I just want to clear the myth/fact, if such huge monitors viewed at short distances will cause any eye problems.

I measured my viewing distance to the monitor(eyes to lcd screen) and its around 100 cms --> 3.3 feet

Thanks to the creator, I am born with no eye defects and i consider eyes are an ultimate gift of God. So i dont want to risk anything on that front

At the same time, I shouldn't really stop myself from enjoying this visual goodness, due to some perception on my mind, which could be false.

So, i request 24" LCD users to come out with their experiences, if they have any issue with viewing over a prolonged period. Please treat as a serious thread and offer your insights.

Money is the not the concern here, I can buy an LCD now in a flash, but i want to clear all my concerns before I do that.

Thanks in advance
Spectre

Been using a 24-inch (1920x1200) since 2+ years now. Short answer, it has been pleasant and no problem at all.
Around the same time at another location, i was using a 14-inch CRT monitor, and viewing without flickering at anything above 800x600 was a pain, far more strain on eyes.

Other monitors have been around before and after, but 24 inch at 1920x1080 (or x1200) is just fine. The 22/27-inchers running at Full-HD and 2560x1440, that have smaller pixel sizes, could be an issue over a long term, though different people experience that differently.

good to know, you havent had any issue with it. Whats the viewing distance you maintain. Is 3.3 feet a good enough distance or is it too close.

Other 24" lcd users, please come in and offer your experiences, it will be most valuable to me, in deciding my purchase (or not)

24" monitors are the way to go. Specially for gaming. Regarding eye-strain, you might feel a bit -- if the brightness (read white) is over set and you surf/play/see white back grounds for prolonged durations. Else I love it.

dont do long sittings ( more than 4 hrs continuous ) taka a break of 10-20 miutes every 2 Hrs ...that should do it. ( and also when you feel like it)

with LCDs the radiation level has gone down drastically, so there are not many eye( helth ) issues to deal with now.

you will be dine just start gaming already. <do not quote this line>

well if your budget is below 15K, i will suggest you the dell23" ultrasharp ...its a great monito with IPS panel, great colours and wide vviewing angles.

dont get fooled with the LEDLCD monitors this on is great.

ok but if i am getting LG LCD TV LD650/460 @ very low price = 24k... Few More Questions :

Samsung PX2370 is considered to be the best TN panel monitor available...

Dell U2311 is cheaper than Samsung PX2370 inspite of having IPS...why?

Will surfing/text on LCD TV(LD650) will be clear?

I don't know why but I m leaning towards samsung in monitor(becaz of great reviews)...

Back