Config for 25 ultra low cost pc's for MS Office/Tally

Hi everyone,

A friend is planning to buy around 25-30 pc's for his organization. The use is just basic MS Office applications and Tally. 15.6" TFT is the only major requirement along with a UPS. He is getting intex UPS for around 1400 from Wall Mart and APC for 1940 - both 600VA. Please give in your suggestions.

Regards

^^ #beanstalk_230 Okay this is what I'll suggest --

AMD Athlon IIx2 260 ~3000/-

ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 ~2600/- [OR equivalent motherboard from Gigabyte]

Corsair 2 x 2GB ValueRAM ~1200/-

FSP Saga II 400W ~1900/- [do not compromise on the SMPS below this]

Any cheap iBall ka dabba [without SMPS] ~1000/-

APC UPS 600VA ~1900/-

LG 177WSB [OR equivalent monitor from Dell / Samsung] ~5500/-​

Logitech / Microsoft wired desktop [mouse + keyboard] ~700/-
Where is you friend purchasing his system from [which city]?

As for Intel --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intel DH61WW ~3500/-[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][rest configuration same as AMD][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!![/font]​

IMO, if no upgrades will be done to the PC, any VIP/Circle 400W SMPS costing around 500~700 bucks will do too.

Also, would suggest to go for a G620 + H61, also, avoid MSI brand mobo's as some member reported an issue with them. Stick to Gigabyte/ASUS/etc..., just get the cheapest one!

For RAM, XMS3 2GB 1333 was going for 650 bucks a piece. So if the difference is minor between the value RAM and the XMS3 ~ 100 bucks, go for the XMS3 as there are heat sinks on the RAM, so its better.

Finally, ensure that cooling is optimal by selecting proper cases.

15.6" inchers can be brought for as less as ~4k.

Get good K/B mouse so that it is comfortable to use ~ Logitech. Dont skimp here by going for cheap brands, etc.. as it is going to be used in office.

Id say get this config :-

Athlon II x4 640 - 4200

AMD 68 DDR3 motherboard - 2400

4gb kingston ram = 1100

iBall cabby with iball 400w smps inbuilt (some people will go against it but for basic pcs these psus are ok ,

still if u want long life get VIP or AMIGO psu for 600-800 rs and an iball psu less cabby)- 1200

LG DVD combo - 850

hard drive (Prices are about to reduce so id say get whatever u get for 2k) - 2000

philips 18.5" LED OR AOC 16" LED - 5000 / 3700

UPS - 1400 ( 1200 in delhi for intex 600w)

keyboard mouse combo (logitech only please , others are PITA ) - 650

total 18,800 / 17,500 /-

These rigs will last you more than 5 years of computing related happiness
<

Lenovo ThinkCentre, 2nd Gen Dual Core, 2GB, 500GB, 18.5TFT Rs. 20K and Luminous DUO UPS Rs. 1650/-.

If buying more than 3 system for Tally Multiuser, Consider N-Computing thinClients

Where is you friend purchasing his system from [which city]?

@ Lucknow

His budget seems to be well below 15k since he has received quotation for a dual core system with UPS for 14k & a P4 system with UPS for around 11k both with 3yr warranty. Guess that'll do his job.

Anyways thanks a lot for the responses guys.

[OT]

Also, would suggest to go for a G620 + H61, also, avoid MSI brand mobo's as some member reported an issue with them. Stick to Gigabyte/ASUS/etc..., just get the cheapest one!

'Some member' was running an i5 2400 on an Amigo 500W PSU. Do you really think the problem was with the mobo?

There are quite a few (me included) running the MSI with no issues at all. There was even a member with both the Intel DH67 and the MSI H67 and he said his Intel was flaky. Why aren't the same set of people running around saying avoid Intel?

[/OT]

[OT]

'Some member' was running an i5 2400 on an Amigo 500W PSU. Do you really think the problem was with the mobo?

There are quite a few (me included) running the MSI with no issues at all. There was even a member with both the Intel DH67 and the MSI H67 and he said his Intel was flaky. Why aren't the same set of people running around saying avoid Intel?

[/OT]

Agree with watcha sayin' buddy,

Thanks fer bringing this to my notice, Eddy

Did not know the issue was with the damn power supply,

b'coz I have been tellin' people to stay off MSI.
<

Since this is a bulk purchase, you will get it for much lower than consumer prices.

Also I suggest you get it from some branded PC vendor (taboo I know!) but in a business apart from the cost of machines their servicing etc also matters. And these companies are better suited at that.

Try Dell, HP or Lenovo.

Of course if that is not necessary then you can go with the above given configs. Bulk purchase on the individual components will also be cheaper so bargain well
<

Back