Confused about digital cams--plz advice..its urgent!!

hello,
every one
i was looking for a good Value for money digital camera [10MP min] for around
9k,

now, i sort out 2 brands. Sony and canon.
The particular models which i have in mind are :-
[canon] PowerShot A3000 IS, around 8.5k with 10MP and 4X optical zoom
[sony] DSC-S2000 around 7k with 10MP, 3X optical zoom,
[sony] DSC-S2100, around 8k with 12MP,3X optical zoom.

Now, my main criteria for selection is the "Image stabilization or steady shot"
feature, whatever they call it, which helps to get a clear shot even if the
camera is shaking.
All the above models i have mentioned has that feature [as their website says]

Note: The steady shot feature in canon starts from 8.5 k, while sony has other models providing that same function for a lesser price,
[for e.g-DSC-S930 for 6k]

i am new to digital cameras..and i'll be buying 1 in few days.. so please tell me which one of the above 3 models should i buy?
thanx

Check the two new models from Nikon, The Coolpix L21 and L22, both are under 8,000. L21 is having 8MP and L22 having 12 MP both with 3X optical zoom and image stabilization options.

hi,

Today i bought the Nikon L22 for Rs.7200 and got free 4GB card + nikon pouch + batt charger. Looks great in Red color and great image quality with VR (vibration reduction which is same as IS)

Regards,

I would say, go for the A3000Is from canon as the S series cams from sony have Digital stabilization and not optical whereas the canon has optical IS. You could check for a comparable W series sony cam. The Panasonic FS15 is also a good buy if you can find it around that price range:)

^^ ya i guess the optical image stabilization works better.. can any1 confirm what kind of IS is used by Nikon L22..
Are there any alternatives where i can get the optical IS at my budget.. any brand will do!!!

nikon L100 its a superzoom camera, and cheapest in the price in this class, u will find it in 10-11k and its the best deal available in the camera market with a SLR looks

^^^ its 17k i guess..out of my budget...moreover i need a compact one..

After googling a lot i was thinking of getting the Nikon L22, can anyone plz tell me the durability/quality of the product (not features) in comparison to sony,
as sony is a trusted brand for its quality products and service!!!

I have used 2 sony cameras and in my opinion they are kind of fragile.
But yes in your budget there are really not many options available.

In my personal opinion; Go for canon, for 2 reasons:
1. They have very big distribution system in India.
2. You can put custom FW (CHDK)in the camera for additional features (it will void the warranty though:() but on the greater side you will get access to RAW shooting and many many more features.
Check the canon model which supports CHDK here.
Hope it will clear some of your doubts.:)

Back