Confused between Deco M4 and Deco S7.

Hey folks.

I need to install a mesh network in a family member's home. I've been using Deco M4 (triple pack) for the past 4 or so years and it has been working fabulously. Install it and forget it kind of setup. I love it.

M4's hardware is pretty old and I was wondering if I should go for Deco S7. Currently M4 is selling for 7999 and S7 is selling for 9999, both triple pack. I tried searching online but there isn't much information on their comparison. I saw the specs sheet on TP-Link's website but specs are one thing and real world performance is another (S7 is superior on paper). I read in some reviews that S7 was having some firmware issues too.

So basically help me out in selecting any one of these two.

S7 - 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz
M4 - 867 Mbps on 5 GHz
thats the biggest difference , LAN ports number also differ but higher is better if you can afford in the two
The things which will affect the selection is - Do you have 1Gbps internet or plan to take this year
These dual band Mesh work on only 1 band at a time , so it can be either 2.4 or 5 . If you can wired backhaul WIFI 6 tplink Mesh Routers are also good but expensive than S7
TP-Link Deco X20 https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Deco-X20-Extenders-Compatible/dp/B084KJF5DJ/ at 13k
Its an unending rabbit hole
My advice if budget permits - Get X20 and get one of them to wired bakhaul , even if no Wired its fine
Otherwise S7 is a very good option being upgrade to M4

Thanks for the post.

S7 is already stretching the budget, so strictly can't go above it.

Internet speed is 150Mbps, and there are no plans to upgrade it anytime soon. Speed is not an issue, nothing is being shared over the LAN.

My main concern is with range and stability. Number of antennas are more in S7 but that is not conclusive in the terms of improved range and connection stability.

Back