Confused between JioFiber STB & Tatasky DTH.

RaRa

Disciple
Hey guys,

So at my home I have a Tatasky DTH connection & also Jio fiber. I pay ₹1000 for Tatasky (₹599 for channels + ₹300 for Binge subscription) & ₹800 for 100 Mbps Jio fiber.

My question is can I completely remove Tatasky & get a Jio STB and still have all the channels that tatasky provides or will I be missing something on Jio STB? I know the interface will not be the same as Tatasky but I can teach that to my family members.

If this is possible I'll be able to bump up my Jio pack to 300Mbps & have the same monthly bill or even save some money if I go with the 150Mbps plan.

Any help is appreciated.

I have both. We cannot remove TataSky as the interface & channel switching is much easier for my parents. We pay 220 rs for TS as they watch limited channels. I have JioSTB (with 300 MB/s plan) in my room. It does not have all channels and channels open through OTT apps. So the switching / opening is pretty slow. It does not matter to me as I do not watch Indian TV channels and just watch sports, web series and movies.

It will all come down to how many channels you need, which channels you need and if your family is comfortable with switching channels the hard way. You can also go IPTV route which will work out cheaper than TS if you already have a android tv, fire tv or mi box.

I have both. We cannot remove TataSky as the interface & channel switching is much easier for my parents. We pay 220 rs for TS as they watch limited channels. I have JioSTB (with 300 MB/s plan) in my room. It does not have all channels and channels open through OTT apps. So the switching / opening is pretty slow. It does not matter to me as I do not watch Indian TV channels and just watch sports, web series and movies.

It will all come down to how many channels you need, which channels you need and if your family is comfortable with switching channels the hard way. You can also go IPTV route which will work out cheaper than TS if you already have a android tv, fire tv or mi box.
Thanks for the clear comparison. Does IPTV work in subscription format? If so what's the best IPTV service that you'd recommend?

Hey guys,

So at my home I have a Tatasky DTH connection & also Jio fiber. I pay ₹1000 for Tatasky (₹599 for channels + ₹300 for Binge subscription) & ₹800 for 100 Mbps Jio fiber.

My question is can I completely remove Tatasky & get a Jio STB and still have all the channels that tatasky provides or will I be missing something on Jio STB? I know the interface will not be the same as Tatasky but I can teach that to my family members.

If this is possible I'll be able to bump up my Jio pack to 300Mbps & have the same monthly bill or even save some money if I go with the 150Mbps plan.

Any help is appreciated.
Try and see if you can get rid of the Binge subscription. Get a firestick if you must but with your jio fiber you should not be needing Binge

I am considering trying the Jio Fiber STB as well but my main concern is picture quality in HD. Could some airtel/ TS DTH user who watches HD contents mainly confirm the quality difference between conventional DTH HD quality and Jio Fiber HD quality. Would be really grateful.

maybe i am talking stupid and beingg cheap , i have an oled and use SD local cable things look good as we all know that we are keeping the old school cable for our parents and our parents dont give a flying f`s ,i have setup basic tv setting and volume ,and they play around with the STB remote provided by cable.

this works when you have upgraded from small screen to some thing like 55 and above and you sit at a distance

I am considering trying the Jio Fiber STB as well but my main concern is picture quality in HD. Could some airtel/ TS DTH user who watches HD contents mainly confirm the quality difference between conventional DTH HD quality and Jio Fiber HD quality. Would be really grateful.
I doubt anyone would have both services installed at the same time. I started using Tata Sky DTH again after nearly 1.5 years and the HD quality is really good for most channels. I thought I would be spoilt because of watching 4k rips etc, but last night I watched a movie by chance and the quality felt extremely nice. I had to shift to DTH because my internet isn't great and suddenly Hotstar started having issues,but IMO, Hotstar sports broadcast quality was never as good as DTH.

It would be better to split DTH and Internet as Jio Fibernet is still unreliable and have occasional issues.
I believe Jio STB uses its fibernet to drive the content, which depends on your internet ping response.

Back