Confused between science and commerce

badass786

Recruit
hii I'm a class 11th student i had pcb last year and i failed because i didn't studied the entire year now i have a chance to change my stream as i'm repeating class 11th and i'm extremely confused between science and commerce .
my interest are nutrition in human body
and i love messing with computer and then search on google about how to fix it ( i don't have a programming knowledge yet )
i'm a confident guy with good communication skills .
I'm thinking about bca then mca in future or becoming a nutritionist .. please guide me the salary i can earn in them

Last edited:
Im not sure abt the degree aspect but i am sure that to be a certified nutritionist you need to have a BSc degree.
Salary will always depend on how good you are. Sport nutritionists earn the most.

Well, the practical approach is, if you are studious and ambitious on what you want to become then go for Science. It's not like science students are meritorious students and commerce students are not.

But if you do take science you need to study, be it PCB or PCM, you can't just roam around and land into exams. But commerce students are generally deceitful.

W.r.t. commerce, going for commerce alone in this day is the worst idea. If you take commerce you HAVE to go for either CA or CS or LLB or other professional degree to be relevant in the market.

I would suggest to stick to your dream. In any case having a professional degree will always be ideal.

P.s. what is PCB (Printed Circuit Board comes to my mind) & PCM?

W.r.t. commerce, going for commerce alone in this day is the worst idea. If you take commerce you HAVE to go for either CA or CS or LLB or other professional degree to be relevant in the market.

I would suggest to stick to your dream. In any case having a professional degree will always be ideal.

Well, it's not mandatory. He can go for BCA after Commerce and then MCA. It's as per his plan too. So he doesn't needs to go through the hassles of Science.

P.s. what is PCB (Printed Circuit Board comes to my mind) & PCM?

PCB = Physics Chemistry Biology
PCM = Physics Chemistry Maths

Combination of Science Streams :p

Science gives you better options is the longer run. For example, a Science grad can take up job in a bank but a commerce grad cannot take a job in sectors which require engineering/medical degrees.
Most colleges do not allow students if they do not have Maths in +2 level. I would recommend that you follow PCB if you want to be a nutritionist or PCM if you want to join CS engineering and head for IT sector.

I did PCM in school and then switched over from engineering to economics. Why? because i didnt like engg. and tried out eco and loved it.
Basic underlying principle that should guide you right now is that; You will be in your chosen line of work for the the next 30-40 years (i.e. the rest of your working life) so make sure it's something you like doing. don't worry about pay.
Basically go with what will keep you interested(or is the least annoying) as you go down the road of life.

Back