Audio Confused bw ATH-AD300 and ATH-M35?

voltas

Disciple
I am in the market for good headphone with budget of 4k, can be stretched upto 5k only if its really worth it.

I will be using it primarily for music and movies.

I am considering ATH-AD300 and ATH-M35, please help me choose one...open to new options.

Tight Bass, Good lows and highs, balanced treble.
And Durablity, my current headphones have been with me for the last 10 years.....and still going strong.

^ help me guys,

And one more thing i want to add, i will be using the headphones with my laptop.....so only onboard sound card.

The HD555, AD300, M35 fall in the 50-100$ bracket, so they fall under the same range. The shift from one headphone to the other will not be a major improvement as such but rather a shift in the sound signature.

The AD300 will have a better soundstage owing to the open back nature of the hp and the M35 has a better bass owing to the isolation and closed back nature.

So if you want more bass, go for the M35, if you want a bigger sound and more clarity, go for the AD300. Personally i feel they both would be an improvement over the HD555 but YMMV. Both are very good headphones at a good price. :)

Already pulled the trigger on M35, will update the thread with my impression about them soon...

I still love my HD212 and HD555, and they both are working flawlessly from so long. I just want the change, from the sound signature and the over all feel of the hp's.

I went for M35 because i somehow got the impression that AD300 will sound more or less like HD555 after reading about them and talking to people.

bennysachdev said:
The HD555, AD300, M35 fall in the 50-100$ bracket, so they fall under the same range. The shift from one headphone to the other will not be a major improvement as such but rather a shift in the sound signature.

The AD300 will have a better soundstage owing to the open back nature of the hp and the M35 has a better bass owing to the isolation and closed back nature.

So if you want more bass, go for the M35, if you want a bigger sound and more clarity, go for the AD300. Personally i feel they both would be an improvement over the HD555 but YMMV. Both are very good headphones at a good price. :)
Right said mate :)

Back