PC Peripherals Confusion selecting a multifunction printer

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me select a Multifunction printer for my small office.

The background. I was using a HP C7288 AIO (with fax/wifi/ethernet) for 5+ years now. I had retorfitted a CISS system and it worked fine for the last 5 years. Now the printer has gone kaput and even the printer head/cartridges are not available for purchase anywhere.

Printer usage: Printing is not heavy, mostly B&W (sometimes color). Maybe just a few pages/day, but again some days (before year ending), we have to print a lot of material all of a sudden in one day. So printing load really varies. Very few photos, if at all.

Functions needed:

Essential: Copy, print, scan
Low running cost (plan to refill cartridges)
Optional: Fax
would be a plus though not essential (I can use an online Fax service).
Bonus: Ethernet/WiFi would be nice to have thought not essential, but I can hook it to one of the PCs on the network and enable printer sharing for printing over the network.

I have shortlisted the following:

1) Epson L210. Should be economical in the long run. Link No fax. No Ethernet/WiFi.

2) Epson L555. Link Expensive one-time investment. The way I look at it, printers have a short life span. No use plonking so much money to something that won't last too long.

3) Canon Pixma E610 Link
Find the 800 pages per black cartridge welcoming. Also, they use larger cartridges PG 88 (21 ml) and CL 98 (15 ml) compared to other models (of Canon as well as HP)

However, I plan to "refill" whatever cartridge/printer I buy. If I don't go for the CISS system.

4) HP 4625e . How easy are the cartridges (HP 685) to refill?

Hope you guys guide me soon. I need to make the purchase soon.

Back