Monitors Connect desktop to Laptop LCD ?

i have dell studio laptop... i have desktop( config given below signature..) is there any way i can connect the Cabinet of desktop to laptop(ie i want to eliminate CRT monitor and use LCD of laptop as display to the cabinet../

u can with the help of remote desktop .. u can have both on lan & connect to desktop using your laptop..

Is this what u want or did i miss anything??

I guess he wants to be able to 'plug in' his laptop's LCD screen (rather than his CRT monitor) to his desktop PC. Not possible in that case - laptops only have display outs, no display inputs :)

not really.... i want to use the LCD of laptop as monitor. and use the cabinet( of the desktop) .. i dont want to use the CRT montor...

Well just use remote desktop, and you are good...

All u will need is a cross cat lan cable if u do not have a router or switch....
Configure the ip's of both correctly. GO to RUN and type MSTC and type the
ip of your desktop machine, make sure that the account you will be using to connect on the desktop has a password or else it won't work........
Hope that helps..........

^ that is exactly what I suggested as well...

n if u want something like a cable that u can connect between your cabinet & laptop to be able to use your laptop as screen for desktop... That is not possible AFAIK....

Back