Graphic Cards Connect DVI port to crt tv

dsarosh

Adept
Hi,
I have a zotac 9600gt card and had connected an acer lcd via one dvi port, and my videocon tv via the other circular port (not sure what's its called, but its small and circular and towards one side of the card).

However, few days back it seems this port has burnt up because now I am not getting any signal on my tv. I verified this by attaching my 8500gt card and the 8500gt was able to display both the lcd and the tv fine.

The 9600gt can only supply the lcd via one of the dvi ports.

So here's the question:

What do I need to connect my tv to the second dvi port on my card?
My tv does not have any extra input sockets except for the white-yellow-red input sockets for vcd input.

If there is an adapter I can use and someone could post the link to where I can buy it from then that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Can you give me a link to where I can buy that adapter from India?

Ebay.in or techshop.in or any other site than can ship to India.

It is kind of disappointing that the d-sub port blew up this early. I guess that's the difference between costlier brands like asus and xfx.

So if I get a TV tuner card I can use my TV as a second monitor and play games on the tv? How much would a pci-e tv tuner card cost me?

I've had bad experiences with warranty before and so am almost afraid to claim warranty on this card.

If you can help with with a link to buy that apple adapter from India that would be great.

Thanks.

I was about to write in previous post "dont ask me whr to buy in India"....:D newayz......

d-sub and s-video are totally different thing....
D-subminiature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
S-Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mostly, your burnt port must be s-video. If its d-sub, then you will get the needed adapter easily.

dvi to s-video is kinda complicated, you can try to find the above one at apple resellers in your area.

also, learnt that they may degarde the quality, not sure.

you can also request in TE market section, some dealer(s) can source it for you from US

about TV tuner, guys please help here, no knowledge!!
(If no one replies here, start a new thread for this ques in PC peripherals section)

SUGGESTION: dont b lazy, use google/wikipedia, u will find most of ur answers

edit: the best soln wud b to fight and rma ur card, i spoil most of my components, fight, n replace thm.

Its the s-video port that's stopped working.

Before buying this zotac card I was wondering why other brands like xfx and asus were at least 1500Rs to 2000RS costlier. I think I got my answer... it's in the quality.

I barely used the s-video port for 2 months and its blown up already.

I did RMA one card before and they sent me a replacement card all the way from taiwan and that card didnt work either and then they sent me yet another card but in the mean while I had already purchased another card.

I know I should RMA it, but don't feel like doing it.

I think the old adage that you get what you pay for always comes true.

Is it common for s-video ports to get blown up? Has anyone else epxperienced this?

Back