Monitors Connecting 2 cpus to one monitor..

Guys, i've 2 systems lying at my disposal at home..one is my current E6300+msi P965 neo based system, and another one is an older P4 3.0 Ghz+Asus P4p800 based system...the problem is i sold off the monitor of the older system to a friend but kept the system as a backup..it also has a 120 gb hdd which i use as a backup drive..

I want to use the older system alongwith the newer system but utilize my current monitor only...how do i do it?? i have come across this link which has a switch which does exactly what i want...but do u think something like this is available in india, more specifically, mumbai?

Check this switch here..Using Two Computers with One Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard - Associated Content

A video how to... How to Connect Two Computers to One Monitor | eHow.com

Niks said:
yeah KVM switches are available in india, i've seen many ads for them.. i'll check if i find sumthing online and post back..

Edit : Here u go :

IO Gear Miniview Compact KVM Kit W/Cables - GCS12
IO Gear MiniView Micro USB Audio KVM Switch - GCS712U
IO Gear Miniview Micro PS/2 KVM Switch - GCS62

IO GEAR is a pretty popular manufacturer for KVM switches .. U should get the stuff at lammy..
Thanks man..seems like the GCS712U fits my bill...:D But i still think the itdepot prices are bit on the higher side..:p
sangram said:
If your monitor has a DVI and VGA port, you don't even need that switch, that's how I use it - with one PC on each port.
I use a 17" CRT...and it only has a VGA port..thts why was looking for the KVM switch...:)

Private Ryan said:
Thanks man..seems like the GCS712U fits my bill...:D But i still think the itdepot prices are bit on the higher side..

lol.. yeah , that they always are.. was just an indication of the stuff available, u should browse arnd at lamington..

superczar said:
KVMs are easily available for 1-1.5K in ritchie st. chennai, you should easily get hold of one in Lammy

Cud u pls tell me which brand is available for 1-1.5k...n are they good ones? The iogear GCS712U is around 2.8k acc. to ITdepot...it wud be gr8 iif i cud get something around 1-1.5k, which can do the job..:)

Hi,

If you really don't want to spend money, use VNC softwares like UltraVNC.

Otherwise, KVM switches are available at Lamington Rd. for around Rs.1500/-

think this helps....

Ya KVMs are easily available in INDIA . I have DLINK 4 port X 2 KVMs at office .All 6- 8 servers at connected to the 2 kvms ,and only one display.
Go for Dlink .

Back