Video Connecting laptop to Samsung Slim TV

bappaditya

Disciple
I own a Dell Inspiron 640 Laptop and am planning to buy a 29inch Slim TV (preferably from Samsung, LG).

1. I would like to know what options have i got to connect my laptop to the TV and watch my DVD rip movies on it?
2. Please suggest me a good Slim TV (from Samsung,LG) which can be used for the above purpose.

PS: I am not going for LCD TV as i am constrained by budget (below 20k).

Well, what outputs have you got on that laptop? Component, S-video, Composite? Just look for the corresponding input on your TV.

However, my experience in connecting my TV to my PC has been anything but smooth. I'm using an S-video-out on my 8600gt to connect to the composite-in on my TV. However, my TV is not always detected by my PC & there are times when I have to reboot more than once before the TV gets detected. Also, the default colours & brightness on the CRT TV leave a lot to be desired. They can be tweaked via the nvidia control panel for much better results. However, I'm not able to tweak them when in dual view mode, ie the PC stops detecting the TV as soon as I touch the brightness/colour settings [wasn't the case earlier, but I've not changed anything to affect it so].

So all in all, don't bank on it. Of course, I can't say whether my experience is the average expected or an exception. Maybe, my TV's too old. Either way, expect the worst.

Back