Audio connecting speakers(5.1.2.1) directly to a tv (LCD,LED)

i wanna clear my doubt about how to connect a speaker set 2.1 directly to a TV so

that the native speakers of the TV will be mute and the 2.1 or 5.1 speakers will be integrated with the TV

i m plnng to buy a samsung 22" led full hd tv:unsure:

are u talking about a 5.1/2.1 (such as creative inspire) for PC to be connected to TV or a dedicated 5.1HT ??

i assume u r talking for the PC 5.1.. then it depends on what input ur speakers can take.

I do not have much idea on how to find a compatible connector but I have a creative inspire 5.1 which i can not connect to my LED tv directly coz it has 3 input jacks. perhaps there is 3.5 x3 female connector converter or something

But my iball booster 5.1 had the possibility to connect 2.1ch via 2xRCA->3.5mm. but u get only 2.1ch. Else i had to connect it to my DVD player which receives 5.1ch connection and input from tv. but gotta keep all 3 units running!

if your 5.1 unit has a provision for 3.5mm mic in, then get a 3.5mm-3.5mm cable and it should do..

but i suppose basically the tv out is just 2ch :-/

there is an option (well.. its there on my samsung led) to select external speaker which mutes internal speakers

Hope the above solution works for u

PS: Anyways i realized all the above was too painful and definitely not better than my inbuilt speakers, i invested on a Yamaha AV receiver with 5.1. Advantage with an A/V unit is you can always connect most speaker systems ;)

I think the native speakers can be turned off in Samsung from the sound menu. You may consider plugging in the 2.1 speakers into the headphone jack of the TV, if it has one. This is an inexpensive solution. The sound signal from the headphone jack may be weak though. Alternatively, you may connect the RCA audio out of your TV to the speakers. A 3.5mm to RCA converter may be required, depending on the ports available in your speaker.

Back