PC Peripherals Continuously beeping UPS when playing games

nemo_online

Disciple
The issue : Whenever I start playing a game, the UPS starts making a beeping noise continuously but at the same time, there is no indicator for overloading. The indicator light doesn't switch on. Once I exit the game, the beeping stops. This used to happen randomly with only two games but off late it is happening with any game that I try to play. So, unable to play anything on the system. Just one thing that puzzles me is that if the UPS is overloaded, why did it not beep earlier for all games consistently ? I put in my specs on outervision.com based on whatever i could understand and the recommended UPS rating came out to be 750VA and load wattage as 375W. PFA image. If this is correct, I need to change my UPS. Would this 660W APC UPS suffice for my needs? I have seen conflicting reviews on Amazon though so slightly confused.

My main components in the config: Ryzen 5 3500 CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU and a 27 inch QHD monitor. The UPS is a Luminous 600 Pro with 360W output. It is less than a year old, however I lost the purchase papers so can't claim warranty. Local shop said if I exchange it with a higher Wattage UPS from Microtek, will only get 500 bucks.

Attachments

• Power-Supply-Calculator-PSU-Calculator-OuterVision-10-27-2024_10_34_PM.png
    Power-Supply-Calculator-PSU-Calculator-OuterVision-10-27-2024_10_34_PM.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 14
When batteries get weaker the UPS might show overload earlier than expected.
Anyways, you're operating very near to the limits of your UPS. The 360W max output is theoretical and the real would be around 320W or less.

You should get 1100VA UPS for the machine or if you have an home inverter with very good switching time and pure sine wave output then you can use the PC on it directly. To check if your inverter can handle the load you can stress test the PC and simulate a power cut by flipping the MCB off from main power panel. If PC shuts down or restarts or inverter trips then it can't else no need for UPS.

When batteries get weaker the UPS might show overload earlier than expected.
Anyways, you're operating very near to the limits of your UPS. The 360W max output is theoretical and the real would be around 320W or less.

You should get 1100VA UPS for the machine or if you have an home inverter with very good switching time and pure sine wave output then you can use the PC on it directly. To check if your inverter can handle the load you can stress test the PC and simulate a power cut by flipping the MCB off from main power panel. If PC shuts down or restarts or inverter trips then it can't else no need for UPS.
So, I guess I will go for this - https://www.amazon.in/APC-BX1100C-1100VA-230V-Back/dp/B01ELNPG2I?nsdOptOutParam=true No home inverter as of now. Question for the near future - Who/what would be the best way to find out the needed inverter power for a 3BHK apartment for 4 fans, 6 lights, TV and PC?

Well, a basic way is to total up the power consumption of all the appliances you need and make it at least 1.25 times.
So fans is 75W x 4, lights is 25W x 6, TV 80W and PC 400W I guess. Totals up to 930W.
And you should have some buffer leftover as you can't operate on peak output. So around 1200W.

2000VA inverter should suit your needs very well.

Back