Android Controlling online radio app using car controls - not working on Moto E

raksrules

Elite
I recently got a Sprint Prepaid Moto E . I intend to also use this phone to play streaming radio stations using Tambura app. I have been using this app on my iPhone always but since I got this service as well, I wanted to use it.

Now my car has bluetooth and I have steering controls using which I can control the radio stations and play them one by one (basically change radio stations as required). Also the car's display, I can see the songs being played by the radio station and such details. Everything works.

So I try to use my Moto E for the same purpose which has been flashed with CM13 (marshmallow? idk). I flashed it with a custom ROM since I wanted to enable tethering (it has been blocked by the service provider).
Here are the issues...

1. The Phone does play the songs on the car's stereo over bluetooth fine but the car's screen shows nothing, just displays "NO DATA".
2. As soon as I shut off ignition, bluetooth connection is cut which is expected but the songs now start playing on the phone itself. In my iPhone the music would pause instantly and if I restrated the car, it would start by itself again.
3. I cannot use the steering controls to change the radio stations on the app. I can do that fine in the iPhone.

I cannot go back to stock on the phone as that would mean losing free tethering and I got this phone only for data so cannot lose that. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Back